Morning Rode Through Shelby Forest

There's not too much to get excited about, when you think about riding in Memphis. Come for the BBQ, stay because you got shot and are at The Med.

I am not quite the poet that Timmy and Dutchy are, but here's what I did before 8am today. My wife leaves for her nursing shift at 0615 and I decided to ride up to Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. It was drizzling or worse the whole time, so it was a extra leisurely little cruise. It takes about 25 minutes from my house to the park entrance, which is a mix of low-speed driving through some questionable parts of town and higher speed divided four-lane highway.
yjehepys.jpg

Had a great morning all by myself but I am still craving longer rides, faster rides and much twistier rides. At least there are lots of these signs throughout the park.
ry6upyne.jpg

Something you do not see every day. A VFR in front of a restored military transport truck that is actually an advertisement for a local transmission shop that is parked in a church parking lot.
e9agyzan.jpg
azubyhab.jpg

90 minutes, 57 miles and a selfie.

uduby5eg.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hello Brad,

You are doing fine, you must have some Dutch ancestors.........

Or are you like Timmay married to a Dutchwoman???

:goofy:

Something you do not see every day. A VFR in front of a restored military transport truck that is actually an advertisement for a local transmission shop that is parked in a church parking lot.

Also the shark face bomb. :happy:

Archived