Is It Possible To Remove The Fpr Without Taking Off The Fuel Rail?

TNRabbit

In the middle of replacing my Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) & I'm stuck. Can't get it off with the throttle body on, & I'm wondering if any one has figured out a way to replace it without removing the fuel rail. I had discovered a way to do this on other vehicles, but it doesn't look possible here as the starter valve body is in the way:

post-27845-0-40782500-1401818708.jpg

post-27845-0-16173400-1401818856.jpg

Also, have any other unfortunate b@st@rds broken off the nipple of the little thingy that opens the flapper? Fixes?

post-27845-0-15221400-1401818811.jpg

Removed this PITA while I was in there:

post-27845-0-13436800-1401818914.jpg

Also, have any other unfortunate b@st@rds broken off the nipple of the little thingy that opens the flapper? Fixes?

attachicon.gif20140603_122907.jpg

Can't help you with the FPR but I may have that part you broke the nipple off... will have a rumage in the storage room tomorrow (if I remember)

Epoxied the broken nipple back on; time will tell if it will hold or not. If you find that part, I'm still interested. The epoxy package says "not recommended for applications over 200 degrees".....

I took OUT the idle adjustment screw & bent the fuel nipple on the FPR down a little & was able to thread the new one on. Crisis averted~

Epoxy held long enough for me to get the airbox back in the bike then broke off again~

All back together, reinstalled my D&D slip-on pipe. LOUD.

• Member Contributer

If you can find a brass barb small enough to fit the broken off fitting you could probably thread it in and re-attach the vacuum hose and have a stronger connection than with epoxy. The opening might need to be drilled out a bit to accept the threads. I've seen these in 1/8" size - not sure if they make them any smaller.

41Dpfwry65L._SY300_.jpg

Ditch the flapper altogether. Take the actuator and flapper door right out, and plug the hoses.

Crisis averted.

gallery_554_564_41062.jpg

If you actually understood how these work, you wouldn't do that~

Archived