Viton Valve Stem Seals On Ebay?

YoshiHNS

• Member Contributer

I had work done on the VF500 head. New valve guide and seats on the damaged valves, and other marks cleaned up. Going to have to replace the valve stem seals now. I can either go with OEM, or try the Viton ones listed on ebay. Haven't found too much information on them, other than a few people tried them and didn't have any issues, but didn't see any high mileage reports. They are half the cost of OEMs, and won't have the risk of them being dried out or old. Any thoughts? Ordering Friday.

a784_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-VF500F-VF500-VF-500-INTERCEPTOR-VALVE-SEALS-VITON-/230452114110?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a80432be&vxp=mtr

Viton, as a material for seals, is very good.

We use them in the oil patch in pumps and stuff because of their chemical resistance.

I would definitely try them in a bike.

• Member Contributer

I worked on scientific analytical instruments prior to my retirement and we used Viton O rings in many of our sampling systems. Like Rob said, very chemical resistant.

• Member Contributer

Yep Viton replaced most rubber based seals in Diving gear years agao working at much higher pressures (300bar) I've never seen a Viton seal pop on properly assembled kit. They are much tougher than rubber & will probably out live the motor. Recommended in my book.

I used those when I rebuilt the head of my CB900. They worked very well.

Lots of guys on the CB board have used them with success, I would recommend them.

Archived