Tries Neverwet On Gear

rescue

• Member Contributer

I am too cheap to purchase 100% waterproof gear. I am always looking for that cheap fix. Heard about never wet and saw the commercials and gave it a shot.
Home Depot had the two part kit for $19 so purchased it and brought it home to experiment.
First tried it on a piece a cardboard and was just amazed.
Have an old well used pair of gloves that I sacrificed to the rustoleum product. Then it was the boots ,brand new pair of cortech waterproof boots.

I didn't prep the items but the boots are brand new and the gloves don't matter.
Step one is the epoxy type spray on goes on like any other liquid. I let dry for 39 minutes then did part 2 which acts like an activator. You smell the acetone alcohol base in the spray number 2.
Immediately once step 2 hits the gloves they went faded the leather and a caulky type Film were left on the gloves.
After 24 hours wait time I tried the water test and simply amazing.
Wicks water away like magic.
I immersed the gloves in a bucket and some water started seaping thru the stitching which is understandable as the gloves are old but the boots worked great.
Now after a few days I noticed the film flaking and delaminating from the boots. Tried rubbing with my finger and it simply came off.
Now I don't know if the leather never really accepted the product as the cortech boots were technically already waterproof but the gloves show the same signs of adhesion or lack of.
Definitely cool but a temporary fix

post-23084-0-90403700-1384885963.jpg

post-23084-0-49862600-1384886004.jpg

post-23084-0-19555700-1384886038.jpg

• Member Contributer

It wouldn't breathe even if it stayed on so a no-go for me. You might as well just get cheap rubber over gloves and boots if all you want is waterproof with no breathability...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

You are cheap and just threw away $19...............

And your gear looks like euh..... an elephant just euh......... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Well, I appreciate the fact that you tried this & posted. Now I'll avoid the stuff :laugh: ...

I am glad that some folks out there are willing to experiment though :smile: .

ACE

Archived