Plastics

Guest RogueKnight

Guest RogueKnight

I have a 6th Gen VFR and I have used it to teach my family how to ride motorcycles. In the process it has been dropped twice and scratched up

my plastics. I was looking on E-Bay and see a variety sold from over seas. Does anyone know if they are worth the money? Where is a good place to get the plastic for my 08 VFR?

• Member Contributer

Hi Rogue,

I thinks if you do a search on "chinese" you will find the answers you are looking for.

There is chinese rotors and chines bodywork...

• Member Contributer

I have a 6th Gen VFR and I have used it to teach my family how to ride motorcycles. In the process it has been dropped twice and scratched up

my plastics. I was looking on E-Bay and see a variety sold from over seas. Does anyone know if they are worth the money? Where is a good place to get the plastic for my 08 VFR?

It seems the "eBay" specials on plastics from over seas are hit or miss, primarily miss! Depending on how bad yours are, you might have better results getting those cleaned up and repainted. Broken plastics are a little different story, but can also be repaired and cleaned up. If you doubt that, look up a post from a member "TinkerinWstuff". about his 5 gen rebuild.Of course he has some skills and obviously the time to do this. YMMV

• Member Contributer

As mentioned above , the overseas stuff is VERY hit and miss -mostly miss from what I have observed . I am a refinisher by trade and have had a good many clients bring me pieces to fix from "kits" they have bought, ranging from mismatched mounting tabs to just aweful quality prep and paint finish. For the amount of investment I would repair what you have or patiently wait for some domestic pieces to pop up on Ebay, Craig's list etc. if you would like to email me some pics , I would be happy to offer some direction.

• Member Contributer

If you decide not to go for hit-or-miss and not repair, Keith at Mason City Honda has the best prices on OEM parts.

• Member Contributer

patiently wait for some domestic pieces to pop up on VFRD

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/2274-full-set-oem-fairing-for-6th-gen-vfr800-fa-2-vtec-750-ono/

Looks like the seller made the conversion.

[/quo

My bad ,don't know why I didn't list VFRD first ! Excuse me while I go drop and do 50 on the back porch ;)

Archived