Clutch Master Cylinder Sizes

yycviffer

Question

• Member Contributer

All right, here goes nothing, I am looking for a Honda clutch master cylinder that has a diameter of around 12 mm. I have found a spread sheet for Ducati's and may go that route, but then I have to buy a different clutch lever. If anyone has confirmed sizes of stuff that may work, please post.

As a start: I belive the RC51 is 12.74 mm?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Nissin conventional front brake master cylinders are available in 1/2" (12.7mm), 14mm, and larger. I have never checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if most Honda clutch master cylinders are the same size (14mm). The clutch hydraulic system is not nearly as finely tuned as the brake hydraulic system, so there was probably no need to use different sizes.

Using a smalled master cylinder than ideal usually results in longer lever travel and greater power (totally unnecessary for a clutch). The clutch may still work fine using a 14mm master.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Im using a zx14r nissin radial clutch master cylinder on my 95 VFR. I believe this is acually a 19mm but I have also heard 19mm radial masters act more like 14mm?? In any case it is working well for me.

Not sure if that helps your original question at all but it might add to the conversation.

Archived