Recall's ?

DfnsMn69

So being new to the VFR community and having read about the charging recall and contacting the previous owner and getting the " There were recalls on that bike" song and dance I called my local shop and low and behold there are 2 outstanding recalls on my bike... The first I've read about being the charging system upgrade, the other was a PCV leak recall. Does anybody know anything about that one? And as far as the electrical one should I just get it done, or should I continue with my original plan of just replacing with a VFRness and a compufire R/R.

• Member Contributer

I would not change anything yet. Let the dealer do the recalls and then monitor the charging system and see if it shows any signs of failure then change too VFRness and the Compufire R\R. But that's me .....

• Member Contributer

I would not change anything yet. Let the dealer do the recalls and then monitor the charging system and see if it shows any signs of failure then change too VFRness and the Compufire R\R. But that's me .....

+1 on leaving it alone prior to doing the recall. My $.02 is that the VFRness is a must do (and inexpensive) upgrade.

the 02 models had an upgraded stator and rotor recall, I thought the 03's came with it, but maybe not on some of the early 03's. Course maybe what they are calling charging recall is the new Harness recall that includes some of the charging circuitry, and thats on 02 through 05.

Archived