What To Do With The Replaced Connectors After The Vfrness Install

Guest entropy

I received my VFRness yesterday, and I put it in place last night. I have two issues:

1. there is no mention of what to do with the two OEM connectors or their associated wiring after install of the VFRness. What has everyone done? Removed all superfluous wiring? Taped over the connectors and left them in place?

2. because I have the superfluous wiring-and the VFRness wiring-i'm finding there is no room by the battery. Like, none. i'm going to have to spend some time figuring out how to adjust everything by the battery to get it to fit. what has everyone done for this issue?

and thanks for listening.

-mike

• Member Contributer

I just left the wiring in place, and didn't have any issues with the battery. Wish I could be more help. Maybe a pic would help us give some advice?

I received my VFRness yesterday, and I put it in place last night. I have two issues:

1. there is no mention of what to do with the two OEM connectors or their associated wiring after install of the VFRness. What has everyone done? Removed all superfluous wiring? Taped over the connectors and left them in place?

2. because I have the superfluous wiring-and the VFRness wiring-i'm finding there is no room by the battery. Like, none. i'm going to have to spend some time figuring out how to adjust everything by the battery to get it to fit. what has everyone done for this issue?

and thanks for listening.

-mike

Is this on the 2003 bike listed in your profile? If so there shouldn't be any connectors not connected...only the 3rd/4th gen have that situation (pictures shown above).

I guess I made the erroneous assumption that once running the battery would charge quickly.

I let the bike run for about 10 minutes, and the battery was up to 8.5 volts. the tail light was on but not full power; the headlights were not full power; the dashboard looked to be full power; the bike sounded okay.

...so just takes a long time to charge...

I will go out for a battery charger tomorrow.

Archived