I Did A Bad Thing...

Guest CSS750

Was swapping a bent stock exhaust can for a nicer stock can. I decided while the bike was sans-cans, I would start her up.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I love that sound.

I want that sound.

I NEED that sound.

I guess I need to learn about back pressure, and try to talk myself out of just mounting a twin tip car tailpipe on there...

I'll post the video, but you probably already know the sound.

http://youtu.be/F8i7EG0VlRg

Well, I certainly don't want to offend anyone.

But we're all adults here, eh? Well, mostly.

I was really thinking it would be a lot louder. I frequently hear Harleys that are much louder.

I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud. And I wouldn't want to be "that guy", but hopefully there is something out there I can find that doesn't choke off so much of that wonderful noise.

• Member Contributer

There is no way I would subject my neighbors to the daily or even weekly sound of a straight pipe...I guess it just depends on where you live and how much you think about others who don't ride and who likely don't like bikes in the first place. If you have the luxury of not having to worry about it then go for it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I've had my can off in our club workshop here in the university. It is like a hurricane...the sound is unreal because of the echo within the workshop. As much as I would like to hear it more often I am sure that on a long ride I'd get sick of my head being sore!

Archived