Well I Done D@mn Did It!

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Would also like to know about the options that No-Mar carries. interesting topic to me. I just had to travel over 400 miles roundtrip to get a set of PC2's put on my 6gen.

Just traveled 80 miles roundtrip to get one tire put on my Ducati- and they ALWAYS rip me off i.e. quoted $160 and billed $230 !!!!

Everyone I talk to in this area of north New Mexico has the same story,rip off city.

Any suggestions about which No-Mar changer that would be best for part-time commercial use, most bikes up here are H-D and we are all tired of getting ripped off. It is the wrong time of year to start a bike service up here ,pics are from two weeks ago.(.post-19304-0-95152100-1377281849.jpgpost-19304-0-27751900-1377281956.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sounds like an excellent reason to get one of these...maybe you could go in together with some riding buddies and get one. Although I sure hate to see snow already, you are in a beautiful area. Nice ride up to Taos?

• Member Contributer

Regardless of which one you get, if you can get a couple of local friends to pitch in and split the costs, with one of you volunteering to be the donor garage, the tire changer will pay for itself in no time.

• Member Contributer

As always, thanks for the advice.

My question is, is the more expensive No-Mar changers the way to go if I start a part time biz doing tire changing for a wide selection of bikes ? Thinking of renting a garage and doing this part time. I did many car tire changes while working at a gas station while I was in high school with a manual tire changer, it could not be that different doing m/c tire changes.

• Member Contributer

As always, thanks for the advice.

My question is, is the more expensive No-Mar changers the way to go if I start a part time biz doing tire changing for a wide selection of bikes ? Thinking of renting a garage and doing this part time. I did many car tire changes while working at a gas station while I was in high school with a manual tire changer, it could not be that different doing m/c tire changes.

If you plan on doing this part time, I would go with the Pro model. It is very robust and built to last. I've seen Steve perform a tire change with a truck tire using the Pro. It will last you a life time of frequent changes.

NoMar is located in Missouri, so you would likely save quite a bit on freight. Tell Sue that Alvin sent you, and you will be very well taken care of (but they will take very good care of you even if you don't mention my name). They really are wonderful people.

• Member Contributer

Here's some pics of the balancing unit...Looks like I'll need to order larger cones for the VFR rear wheel, even the medium cone is way too small. The only thing I would say about the balance unit is that it needs a leveling bubble and adjustable legs to make sure it's level.

post-23057-0-10477000-1377292112.jpg

post-23057-0-28702100-1377292120.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the replies. Riding to St.Louis(and probably NYC) next week to see my sisters.I am now planning to run by the No-Mar factory and check out the options. Thanks for the words Ducterminator.

• Member Contributer

Another option would be the highly rated Marc Parnes balancer...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Just wanted to give an update. I now have the correct "cones" for the rear wheel for the balancer and I have changed several sets of tires already, my 3 bikes and at least 2 other friends bikes and so far this changer has done a great job!, the balancer too for that matter. My biggest worry and a concern of my wife's, is what was to happen with the tires I took off to change? I did have a small stack growing in the garage. Well, I am glad to know that just a few miles from the house is a tire shop that does tire recycling and is listed in the State of California as an approved tire recycler. The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is that it cost $2 per tire. From what I have read though, from doing some research, this appears to be the norm, although most shops add in the cost and typically it's $5 per tire.

If you're ever in a need for tire changes, and live close to Anaheim, just let me know and I'll be glad to help you out if I'm available. All I ask is for a small monetary donation to at least cover the disposal/recycle fee and if you're ultra generous, maybe some beer, lunch, a bottle of Whiskey, etc...

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Just wanted to give an update. I now have the correct "cones" for the rear wheel for the balancer and I have changed several sets of tires already, my 3 bikes and at least 2 other friends bikes and so far this changer has done a great job!, the balancer too for that matter. My biggest worry and a concern of my wife's, is what was to happen with the tires I took off to change? I did have a small stack growing in the garage. Well, I am glad to know that just a few miles from the house is a tire shop that does tire recycling and is listed in the State of California as an approved tire recycler. The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is that it cost $2 per tire. From what I have read though, from doing some research, this appears to be the norm, although most shops add in the cost and typically it's $5 per tire.

If you're ever in a need for tire changes, and live close to Anaheim, just let me know and I'll be glad to help you out if I'm available. All I ask is for a small monetary donation to at least cover the disposal/recycle fee and if you're ultra generous, maybe some beer, lunch, a bottle of Whiskey, etc...

Cheers!

It looks like I have a new best friend, with a tire iron. ;)

• Member Contributer

Cheers!

It looks like I have a new best friend, with a tire iron. ;)

Anytime pal, just bring over some food or drink! My favorite Ale is 'Duvel'

You just got popular ....

I have my moments

Archived