Do These Silencers Make My R Look Fat?

Kel

• Member Contributer

I was moving around some parts from my latest haul when I picked up a spare stock silencer. Wow, I thought, this thing has got to be 10lbs. I decided to weight them and sure enough, 20lbs for the pair. Nice to have those off.

Although I like the look of the stock 750 silencers, I will also be enjoying the weight savings of the V&H full system instead. Maybe someday I will make a repro set in aluminum to get he look back without the weight. But I'd also have to finish it first... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Although I like the look of the stock 750 silencers, I will also be enjoying the weight savings of the V&H full system instead. Maybe someday I will make a repro set in aluminum to get he look back without the weight. But I'd also have to finish it first... :goofy:

I think the 750 looked pretty good too for a stock silencer. Any idea how hefty? I think between the cans and the collector box, you're looking at a sizable savings. And yes, a sizable savings only if completed. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

we're talking VF750 here right? Not VFR750...

(I have a OEM VFR750 muffler in the attic; I can weigh that one).

I recall my Akrapovic+midpipe weighing 1.6kilo and the OEM one some 5 kilo more...

• Member Contributer

I was rearranging my storage and came across the oe cans from my VFR750 & VFR800.

Third gen VFRs had two different oe cans, with the '90-'91 being slightly(25-50 mm?) shorter. Dunno which mine is but it weighs 10 lb 12 oz, or 4.88 kilo.

My '99 VFR800's is one pound heavier at 11 lb 12 oz, or 5.33 kilo.

My '09's system weighs considerably more, too much for my scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived