Cbr600F Hurricane Rear Wheel Fit

crepitus

Question

• Member Contributer

Just scored a FREE Hurricane rear wheel. Is it worth making it fit my 86 VFR750 or get an F2 wheel? The F wheel is 17x3.5 but all I'd want is a 160/60 to go on it. All the searches turn up F2 conversions.

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Well that says it. I thought it may be that way but since the wheel was free I thought I may save a few $. I have an F front wheel on now, but it was an easy bolt-on. F2 it is then.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

Already have Race Tech emulators and boingers in the front. I don't have any plans to change that over any time soon. I just use a 110/70 BT003RS for now, till I get another itch...actually I'm running an old 120/70 Power Race takeoff at the moment. It bends the sidewall in a bit, but I'm just commuting on it. I'll mount the 110/70 before I do another trackfunday.

• Member Contributer

If you can do an F2 front end upgrade, does that mean you can also do an F3 upgrade? My F2 has an F3 front and rear wheel. I know the rear wheel isn't a direct swap (different wheel spacers), but the front end is AFAIK. The F3 is supposed to have better fork internals and brakes.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, that's right. You lose the speedo on the front wheel. And that kit that seb put together was for the VF1000, so that's not an option.

• Member Contributer

I think that kit may be an option.

I had put together a parts list a few years ago to drive the VF speedo's from the countershaft for both 500's and 750's and I was just going to do some simple drilling and place the nylon sprocket nut cover in the countershaft cover to drive the relocated speedo.

I did not prove that it would work or what (if any) mods needed to be made to make it accurate.

Archived