Advice On Riding Gear

TNRabbit

I recently purchased a nice Joe Rocket jacket/pant combo from craigslist that zips into a 1-piece & am very happy with it. I'm searching now for gloves & boots. Anyone have any advice?

I'm a cheap b@st@ard, so I'll probably be hitting up craiglist for this stuff, too....

thanks in advance~

• Member Contributer

Will you be a nice weather rider only?

Or also in the rain sometimes/when it is a bit nippy? :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Invest in a good pair of Goretex boots.

Daytona is not cheap, but the #1 choice in my book. If you look after them, they will last for years.

Forget (race) boots with air vents, just ask Olive :goofy:

Goretex for gloves too, look into gripheaters or (think anti-recession SPEND $$$ and go for the RapidFire heated under gloves).

For really hot days, a pair of thinner/perforated gloves.

• Member Contributer

I've had exceptional service from these guys, even with exchanges. Lots of "last years models" at cheap prices. Sometimes size/color selection suffers as people clear them out but at that point they almost give stuff away. My latest Cortech full gauntlet gloves were originally $160 and I picked them up for $35 shipped.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

• 1 month later...

You get what you pay for. But you can always look for something used on craig's list. You can buy reasonable stuff that is not created spacifically for motorbikes and is usually a little less expensive.

Archived