Agv?

Spiff

Never used AGV myself and was curious if anyone had anything they could talk about with them? Pro's/Con's, that sort of thing. Looking at picking up a leather jacket soon and am having a hard time picking just one. Any info would be fantastic!

I was looking at a few jackets on that site and they look pretty good, I like how it doesn't feel like I am a walking billboard for the company.

• Member Contributer

Not that it really matters but AGV (Helmets) is different than AGV Sport (Riding apparel) they are not the same company. I have not heard any negative remarks on their gear (AGVS) other than it's hard to find in a store where you can try it on. As Switchblade mentioned Motorcycle gear, they do have some awesome deals on some of their stuff.

The "Doctor" had been wearing AGV's through most of his pro career..... Same with the also iconic Italian racer Giacomo Agostini.....

You can look him up if you are not familiar with him.....

I only have one in my helmet collection (the refrigerated one) and even for that time (early 80's) It looks to have been top quality.

• Member Contributer

I have an AGVS mesh trousers, and the fit is a little tough. Ended up ripping a whole in the crotch because I couldn't spread my legs very comfortably. The repaired it at no cost, so good customer service. After doing more research, I learned my issue wasn't isolated. I do believe this is specific to this model of pants, but you may want to dig deep just to make sure you don't run into other sizing issues

Never used AGV myself and was curious if anyone had anything they could talk about with them? Pro's/Con's, that sort of thing. Looking at picking up a leather jacket soon and am having a hard time picking just one. Any info would be fantastic!

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/leather_suits_jackets_and_pants/agv_sport/valencia_one_piece_suit.html

I have the one pieace suit and it's really comfortable and breaths well.I'm well pleased and would buy another,one pieace is the way to go if for no other reason its way more comfortable then two pieace,plus one hell lot more protective.

Regards,

Mike

My 1-piece suit that I wear at track days is an AGV. I've had it for probably 13 years now. :blink: It doesn't look that great anymore though. One high side get-off on the track and it was trashed. Barnacle Bill stitched it back together though and I continue to wear it. No rash to my body, no broken bones, etc, so I guess it did it's job.

Not really looking for a track outfit, just some protection on my daily commute. My last Jacket was an ICON, while I liked it, their new designs are not necessarily for me unless I go with the stealth models.

Archived