Thank You All

awacs

• Member Contributer

I don't post often, but when I do it is almost always in the maintenance forum. Thank to all y'all for helping me through various mechanical hoohahs, an engine rebuild, and god knows what all other issues. It got me to this small landmark. (Hopefully I've paid the forum back a little when my occasional, accidental knowledge solves someone's problem.)

100k. Not a lot for a VFR, but a pretty good start! That's miles, baby, no km on this speedo.

Ride safe,

Aram

post-6299-0-89266200-1369886773.jpg

• Member Contributer

Finally got the engine broken in. Now you can REALLY get going!

I'd pull off a celebration wheelie, but I haven't been able to wheelie my fifth gen since I upgraded the front fork springs. :=(

On a related note, I rolled over 100k on the last ride before my 50th birthday. Seems fitting. Less fitting was realizing that my Givi top case launched itself onto highway 680 this morning, never to be seen again. (Is it wrong for me to miss my San Jose Sharks lunch bag more than I miss the case?)

Aram

• Member Contributer

Congrats to awacs from an old Loadmaster. I've always sold mine at about the 50k mark and moved on but hitting the 100k would be pretty awesome.

• Member Contributer

Congrats! That is a milestone. Welcome to the 100K club. I just totaled mine at 105+K. Sad to see but she served me well. Hope you see 200K.

Archived