Lunch Run To The Wichita Mountains

Last minute decided to take a run up to the Wichita Mountains outside of Lawton OK.

Round trip was probably between 350-400 miles total; which is the furthest I've ridden in one day.

post-23693-0-04329000-1365995345.jpg

Stretching my legs for a few minutes.

post-23693-0-32806600-1365995408.jpg

I always love getting close to Lawton and seeing the mountains in the distance.

post-23693-0-76204600-1365995514.jpg

Here I am holding up the sign

post-23693-0-05117300-1365995575.jpg

The obligatory buffalo pic

post-23693-0-46910700-1365995639.jpg

My lunch view

post-23693-0-58323500-1365995715.jpg

REALLY thankful my Gorillapod and Griptight held on!

And that's it. Saw a TON of motos out today. It was a gorgeous Spring TX day.

• Member Contributer

Much better than my ride turned out today. I was joining two guys I worked with for a run up one of the local mountains and all we met was fog and wet roads! WHAT?! I thought this was supposed to be sunny California. Needless to say we turned around, no need to chance wrecking, it'll be sunny again soon...I hope! Looks like a perfect trek for your VFR though. 300-400 miles are swallowed up with ease on these machines! Glad you got out to enjoy the day.

Cheers!

I wonder if there's a saying "A bad day riding in CA is better than a good day everywhere else"?!

Man I love CA, though only been there and driven never rode while there. Someday...

• Member Contributer

That's a pretty part of Oklahoma. There's a magic to the plains down there that is hard to shake.

I hope you made it to the Meers Store for lunch... if not, make a point to go some time. Best Hamburgers in the state. It's a 2 hour wait during the riding season on the weekends.

• Member Contributer

That's a pretty part of Oklahoma. There's a magic to the plains down there that is hard to shake.

I hope you made it to the Meers Store for lunch... if not, make a point to go some time. Best Hamburgers in the state. It's a 2 hour wait during the riding season on the weekends.

Now Jon, let's not get carried away with praising the Meers burgers...LOL. Seriously though, I thought it was way better back in the 90's when they had the buffalo burgers. Now I can get just as good a burger at The Garage in Edmond...

I love the Wichita Mts though...used to go fishing in the little lakes in an inner tube set up with ultra light tackle...very peaceful. There is a great little B&B in Medicine Park called the Stardust Inn. Very nice and good breakfast of course.

• Member Contributer

Now you have a reason to go back soon...maybe we should have a VFR get together one Saturday if it will warm up a little!

• Member Contributer

Well, post up a suggested ride date, route, etc. and make it happen! Is that a Wolf Creek Ski Resort hat you have on in your avatar pic?

• Member Contributer

Skied there many days...timeshare for several years in Pagosa Springs. Great little place...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived