Sidi Factory Boot Resole

2thdr

• Member Contributer

Has anyone used this place in Encinitas, CA called Sole Performance to resole their Sidi street boots? It says MX boots, but I called and they do street boots too. About $115 inlcuding return shipping. He says they use a thin motocross boot sole that lasts longer.

Being vertically challenged, I wear out the toe area of the soles pretty quick...

Linky...http://www.factoryresole.com/

• Member Contributer

I had mine done at a local cobbler with new soles and it only cost $40 or so maybe check that avenue out first

• Member Contributer

About 6 months ago I had them re-sole my 4-year old Sidi Stradas. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the work, and when finished the sole ended up a little thicker than the original Sidi soles. They also wrap a small part of the front part of the new sole up the toe part of the boot, which should help with your issue. If you look at the toes of the white boots in your link you can see what I'm talking about.

• Member Contributer

You can buy some SIDI replacement soles and get them installed by a local showmaker/cobbler for less than half that price. That is what I did and I couldn't be happier with the results.

• Member Contributer
You can buy some SIDI replacement soles and get them installed by a local showmaker/cobbler for less than half that price. That is what I did and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Can you give a link or some info?

Nevermind...

www.motonation.com

$12 shipping on a $20 item...I hate making shipping companies' day...

• Member Contributer
I have an old pair of Teknic Violators that are in good shape, aside from needing a resole. I wonder if they could do those as well???

I would call him and ask if the $100+ doesn't scare you away. He seemed very helpful and sounded like he had first hand knowledge of the process. I am still torn whether to buy the soles myself (the less durable Sidi street soles) for about $32 including shipping and then try to find a cobbler here locally that I have no idea what result I'm going to end up with and paying probably $35-50 for the labor.

Or go with a Sole Performance, get a more durable sole with the toe wrapped (unlike the stock boot is, and where I need the extra wear), and pay the $115. I think I'm leaning toward the latter...

• Member Contributer

I had my SIDIs resoled by a cobbler (a shoemaker who is a craftsman, not a walk-in franchise at the mall). He used workboot soles which have worn a lot better than the Sidi soles and have a really good grip. I also had a much taller heel put on the boots since stretching my legs to reach the ground wasn't an option. It gave me far better stability when stopping on uneven pavement. It's a great solution if you are vertically challenged and will not get in the way of your riding - something to consider.

• Member Contributer
It cost me 15$ to get my soles installed. Find an old guy in a small shop, they are usually cheap and are perfectionnists :biggrin:

LOL, yep that's how the old guys are....take pride in what they do. :wink:

• Member Contributer
Has anyone used this place in Encinitas, CA called Sole Performance to resole their Sidi street boots? It says MX boots, but I called and they do street boots too. About $115 inlcuding return shipping. He says they use a thin motocross boot sole that lasts longer.

Being vertically challenged, I wear out the toe area of the soles pretty quick...

Linky...http://www.factoryresole.com/

Howdy!

Yup, I had a pair of Sidi street boots resoled by those folks, oh, about 10 years ago. The quality of their work was good, but my feet weren't happy with the results (not their fault).

I posted more of my feedback about the resoling experience in last fall's thread here http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/73130-sidi-boot-feedback/page-3#entry864200

At the time, I could not recall the name of the place that did the work. I just went back & checked my records - it was the same outfit.

To sum up: again, the quality of their work was good, but I did not have enough room in my boots for the very small 'tuck' that they made in order to attach the new soles (which was not their fault).

Good luck with your boots!

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I got my Sidi Streetburner boots back from Sole Performance Resole and they look good. Forgot to take photos, but will do when I get home and post up. The sole appears to thicker than the original by a bit as advertised. We'll see how it feels while riding. Total cost including return shipping was $114. New boot would have been over $250.

Archived