Feeler - Orange County Breakfast Meet @ Jagerhaus in Anaheim

Guest Recalcitrance

Guest Recalcitrance

Thread moved here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/73580-orange-county-breakfast-meet-various-locations/#entry869862

Hope to catch more of you soon!!

(Topic Locked 12/29/12)

German food, anyone?
http://www.yelp.com/...gerhaus-anaheim

Just wondering how many people here would be interested in a once a month meet up for Bratwurst, Knackwurst, German Pancakes, and Potatoes.

The restaurant is somewhat of an institution and serves (in my opinion) one of the best breakfasts in all of Orange County.

Saturday mornings are quiet and the place is small and cozy. People start to trickle in about 9am so I like to get there at 8 when they open.

Dinner menu is also VERY IMPRESSIVE. It includes the regular items but also DEER, RABBIT, LAMB, and my favorite, WILD BOAR.

Just an idea for a meet up. Santiago Canyon and Cook's Corner is nearby if you want to ride afterward.

Anyone interested?

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be up for it! Do you have time and a date picked out? Haven't had a good German breakfast in a long time!! Let me know and I will check with others to see if they would like to go.....

Guest Recalcitrance

Okay. So I plan to be at Jagerhaus this coming Saturday at 8am for breakfast.

I'll be inviting a couple students along, though I'm not sure how interested Japanese people are in German food. haha.

I don't know if this would catch on as a monthly meet up, but it's good food regardless. =)

• Member Contributer

If I go I am going riding afterwards. Probably similar abreviated version of last ride except no Banner Grade til its fixed. I'll post it and the meet up will be at the Jagehaus. If that's cool.

Guest Recalcitrance

If I go I am going riding afterwards. Probably similar abreviated version of last ride except no Banner Grade til its fixed. I'll post it and the meet up will be at the Jagehaus. If that's cool.

You go right ahead and post. I'll be IN.

• Member Contributer

OK, the wife and I are in for Breakfast, don't think we'll be on for a ride afterward though, she hasn't ridden in a while so she doesn't want to be on the back of the bike for too long.

Guest Recalcitrance

Open Invitation: https://www.facebook.com/events/436569939734980/

I would be up for it! Do you have time and a date picked out? Haven't had a good German breakfast in a long time!! Let me know and I will check with others to see if they would like to go.....

Tomorrow (Saturday 11/3) at 8:00am. =) Hope you can make it.

This is a possibility if I have the appointed day off..... sounds interesting. Never had a German breakfast before. :rolleyes:

Did you get the day of? We'll be there with Duc2V4.

Wish I could join you but I have clients afterward. =( Sunday maybe up Ortega.

• Member Contributer

Well, although we did not do a "ride" afterward, I have to say the breakfast and conversation was well worth the time spent. Getting to know fellow riders and discovering some of the other things you have in common is great. If there are any other members who want to enjoy a good meal before taking off for a mid-morning ride, I can say that this is a great place to start your day. The one caveat, is that the first Saturday of every month there is a group of alumni that meet here for breakfast. When the wife and I showed up just before they opened at 8AM, there was a queue from the door into the parking lot, which in itself is typically a good sign but had given us a little scare at first, as we thought we would be waiting a long time for a table. Turns out there is a "buffet" section and the sit down section where we ended up sitting. Good thing too, we tend to get cranky in the morning without our food and coffee!

With that we (the wife and I) would like to thank Recalcitrance and Blackbird for the invitation and hope that others my join in on this meeting place the next time, as a good time was had by all.

Cheers!

Guest Recalcitrance

Thanks for the summary, Duc. It was nice sitting and chatting with you two. I'm glad K liked her pancake. I was eyeballing it thinking, "Is she going to finish that?" :goofy:

Pity I didn't know of my client's cancellation until last minute. Would have added a ride after breakfast had I found out sooner. :sad:

Glad we were sat immediately and didn't have to hassle with the group. Since the lunch/dinner menu is combined, maybe we could ride early morning then come in midday for some wild game and bratwurst.

Nice sharing conversation and a few good laughs. Hope to see you next month. :wheel:

Guest Recalcitrance

Here are a few photos of the items ordered this morning and last Saturday.

German Pancake w/ Sugar and lemon

post-23419-0-95921800-1351968936.jpg

Potato Pancake and Corned Beef

post-23419-0-82449300-1351968937.jpg

Store Front

post-23419-0-64249500-1351968938.jpg

Bratwurst, Knackwurst, potatos, eggs, pancake, and thick cut toast with their freshly made plum preserves.

post-23419-0-20448600-1351970278.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sorry I couldn't make it.... work issues, as usual. I'll keep an eye out for an open Saturday and join in when I can, but you have to promise not to get all giddy when you scope my '86 !

OMG ! Is that pancake REALLY that big ? ? ? :laugh: I'll tackle it ! ! !

• Member Contributer

If Adam Richmond doesn't have clogged arteries and the consequences therein within the next two years, I'll be surprised...All in the name of "I'm a star" and $$ ? No thanks !

• Member Contributer

When the wife and I were in Oahu we went to the MAC 24/7 restaurant and have seen their pancake dish first hand and it makes the Jagerhaus German pancake look, like a cupcake! It is way too much food for one person IMO.

Regarding the Jagerhaus, my breakfast was very tasty and the wife really enjoyed the pancake. She couldn't finish it at the restaurant so she took it home and finished it for lunch. The Jagerhaus is going to be on our restaurant rotation for sure. We want to try them for lunch or dinner as they have some interesting food choices on those menus.

Thanks again to Recalcitrance for the invitation!

Guest Recalcitrance

Well, we're looking at December 1st for the next one. A bit more advanced notice than the previous meet. =)

We haven't gone back for dinner yet but we're planning on it. The Wild Boar had me at hello.

So.....Saturday, December 1st at 8:00am?

...... but you have to promise not to get all giddy when you scope my '86 !

Giddy up :wheel:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived