Feeler - Orange County Breakfast Meet @ Jagerhaus in Anaheim

Guest Recalcitrance

Guest Recalcitrance

Looks like rain tomorrow, but that doesn't bother me.

If anyone is still interested in this, post up.

If the rain is going to deter people, then we can push it to another Saturday.

Will check in on this thread later tonight and then early tomorrow morning to see.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Unfortunately I have to travel out of town until Sunday! You know I would be in if it weren't for this trip. This week turned out to be really stressful, so I'll be looking for a real good ride next weekend. I'll need to unwind and what better way than to wind through the canyons?

Guest Recalcitrance

I've caught a bit of a cold so tomorrow's not looking good for me.

Though I'm curious if anyone is still up for this.

• Member Contributer

I'm just getting over my cold. Having to fly last weekend nearly killed me with the pressure on my sinuses! I'd be up for meeting for Breakfast tomorrow, not sure if I can ride afterward, I have another project I have to finish and another to get started by Monday.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

More than likely this is the case, either way I'm out this weekend, I have another project to deal with. More than likely next Saturday is out, but Sunday is currently open.

Guest Recalcitrance

The weather is beautiful today. Drat. Woke up too late. Oh well. Going to the gym instead. I'll grab wings for lunch. Not a bad consolation. :fing02:

Try next Saturday for Jagerhaus. :biggrin: We'll get there one of these days.

Guest Recalcitrance

No, didn't happen. I was in LA all day Saturday.

Almost ended up at Jagerhaus for lunch today but ran errands instead.

Last time I rode to Jagerhaus for breakfast was 3 weeks ago with a group of 7 (including Duc2V4 and wife). Was fun. Hopefully VFRD will be able to join in soon.

67616_4319138770166_1103595644_n.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well I'd be in again for next weekend, right now either day is open. Probably should pick the one with the best weather outlook, right now the 5 day outlook has Friday as sunny, so possibly Saturday would be the first choice.

• Member Contributer

Just rechecked weather reports for San Juan Capistrano and Lake Elsinore (Cities on each end of Ortega Highway) and weather for Sat/Sun is partly cloudy but 0% chance for rain. Figured Ortega was the closest riding spot to Jagerhaus. The wife said she would be up for riding as passenger if we were to go on Saturday. Although we would have to meet closer to 8:30AM for breakfast. Anyone else interested for Saturday?

Duc, I just went out to Ortega/Palomar today (Friday, 12/29). The roads are all clear. There was some minor wet spots especially going up S6 on Palomar Mountain in the shady spots. Some of those wet spots were slippery! Probably iced up a bit overnight...it was around 9AM and it was cccold! 40 degrees!

I plan on heading out to the Rock Store/Malibu area tomorrow. I don't know much about that area but I wanted to explore a bit. If you or anyone is interested, let me know.

Guest Recalcitrance

Went to Jagerhaus today for breakfast and I'm working tomorrow. =(

This thing has gotten far more complicated/difficult than I thought. Maybe change the location so that it's better suited for riding?

Meet somewhere in San Juan Cap instead?

• Member Contributer
Duc, I just went out to Ortega/Palomar today (Friday, 12/29). The roads are all clear. There was some minor wet spots especially going up S6 on Palomar Mountain in the shady spots. Some of those wet spots were slippery! Probably iced up a bit overnight...it was around 9AM and it was cccold! 40 degrees!

I plan on heading out to the Rock Store/Malibu area tomorrow. I don't know much about that area but I wanted to explore a bit. If you or anyone is interested, let me know.

Was just out in Malibu last weekend and it was empty, at least compared to what it normally is on the weekend, I don't think there were too many wanting to brake the cold. It was 35F in the canyon (Muholland and Malibu Cyn Rd.) around 9AM but warmed up pretty quick. There was a lot of run off on the road so be careful in the corners, I had a few lose end moments but managed to stay upright. Do you have a route planned? What time are you heading up there? If there are no other takers for Jagerhaus, then I might go along. I know the wife was looking forward to going tomorrow but not sure if she was 100% set on it.

35 degrees? :( Hmmmm.....not liking those temps. Not liking the run off either. Palomar's S6 was 99% free of run off. I don't have a route planned since I don't know the area very well.

Recalcitrance, I'm all for changing the meet and greet place. Irvine is a central location for both north/south. I know of one great place for breakfast in Laguna Hills right off I-5 and next to a Cycle Gear shop....it's a few minutes south of the Irvine Spectrum. It's up to the group. I'm obviously biased since I live nearby. :)

Went to Jagerhaus today for breakfast and I'm working tomorrow. =(

This thing has gotten far more complicated/difficult than I thought. Maybe change the location so that it's better suited for riding?

Meet somewhere in San Juan Cap instead?

Another suggestion that is right at the doorstep of Ortega Highway is Cinnamon Productions in Ladera Ranch. It's near the junction of Crown Valley Pwy and Antonio Pwy (Antonio Pwy leads to Ortega Hwy). Cinnamon Productions has incredible pastries and has a big parking lot. Again, it's up to the group and I'm biased because now it's right in my neighborhood! LOL!

Archived