Oil level - A little too much OK?

ki-speed

• Member Contributer

I just changed my oil and find I added a little too much (I'm guessing approx. 1/4 quart). Yes I have ridden it (approx. 100 miles) so it has fully heated up and circulated. Picture was taken on the center stand.

What's your opinion (don't sweat it, drain some, etc.) I tried shiponing some out but that didn't work.

Thanks,

Mark

post-2084-0-96934300-1343760740.jpg

I don't like to fill over the top line......... If you have a clear tube you can suck it out till it gets close to you then stick you tongue over it and dump the hose, repeat.

• Member Contributer

I don't think you're in any real danger, but if you want, when the bike is cool, remove the oil filter and dump some out, then reinstall the filter.

That should do it.

That's a great idea. Should be just the right amount. I tried the clear tube method but got very little oil.

Thanks guys.

Mark

• Member Contributer

I bought one of these from Harbor Freight with a coupon for $3.99. I used it to drain my gas tank when I was working on my Duc. It worked great as a gas siphon pump. Might be worth a try.

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-66418.html

Yeah, most bikes no problem but my 6th gen it will pump it up to the air box.

Mine too!!

I would get a huge puff of smoke on startup. I thought I needed new valve seals. Turns out it was just too much oil.

Archived