Need photshop help

soichiro

Question

My best rising buddy has a 2011 cbr1000. He is swapping out the wheels for RC-51 units. He wants to know what it would look like with the wheels and in several colors. Tia. You guys are great at this.

Wants to see them in red, black, grey or gunmetal.

He also has a carbon exhaust.

1035268533_3HRWk-XL.jpg

post-7269-0-05220000-1341956203.jpg

post-7269-0-36073700-1341956663.jpg

Soichiro ---> 2nd wheel is for 2002 and up. 1st wheel is correct.

Sp1 wheels are what im looking for the 6 spoke design here they are below.I also added a pic of the actual bike dont know if that helps.

IMAG0140.jpgThanks for the help! I greatly appreciate it!

9448d1178637846-honda-stock-rc51-wheels-sale-hondawheel1-copy.jpg9447d1178637839-honda-stock-rc51-wheels-sale-hondawheel-copy.jpg

I've gotten a lot of PS'd stuff from a few or the peeps here(good ones too).......... It takes time to do it and takes a few days / weeks.

I'm guessing they'll be along in time.

Nice work, Dutch. :smile:

A local dealer has a leftover '11 CBR1kRR in red on the sales floor. If I were in the market for a new liter bike I'd probably make them an offer. Tempting as it is, it's not the right bike for me.

Thanks so much Dutch. Even got the exhaust, sweet. I'm kind of digging the red body color wheels.

I want one. I thought I would be in torture. It actually is quite comfortable. I was impressed with the ergos. Fits my 6'3" frame better than any other liter bike.

My buddy was saying "i wish I could see it photo shoped before I powdercoat them". I knew with this great group, we could make that happen. My friend has joined the forum as well. He is a honda tech same as me and a true HONDA GUY.

Freaking sweet! Thanks Dutch! If its not too much to ask can you change the background to a little lighter? I think its making the gumetal ones look funny?

Whats it take to darken those silver/white wheels up just a touch darker and lighten the red to better match the body??

In anycase impressed, that was pretty quick photoshopping! Really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick! I am so thankfull!

May have to make it to the T-mac so you guys can see it in person once its finished.

• Member Contributer

I want one. I thought I would be in torture. It actually is quite comfortable. I was impressed with the ergos. Fits my 6'3" frame better than any other liter bike.

I rode an RR a few years ago. Not sure how the ergos are compared to the newest bikes. I'm 6'2" and I felt like I was riding on top of a little CRF-50. It wasn't painful, but it was a little weird. It turned in so easy after coming off the VFR, I almost ran off the road on the inside of the curve! :laugh:

BTW, I like the black out of the shopped pics, but the gold on that Sato bike looks cool.

• Member Contributer

Freaking sweet! Thanks Dutch! If its not too much to ask can you change the background to a little lighter? I think its making the gumetal ones look funny?

Whats it take to darken those silver/white wheels up just a touch darker and lighten the red to better match the body??

In anycase impressed, that was pretty quick photoshopping! Really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick! I am so thankfull!

May have to make it to the T-mac so you guys can see it in person once its finished.

I knew I should have left the file open but was tired last night and closed it out. I'll have to pretty much start over now. I'm no expert so it takes me a while especially with front wheels. Rotors are a biyatch. If I can fit it in I'll try to make those adjustments but it might be another day or so before I can get back on it.

I knew I should have left the file open but was tired last night and closed it out. I'll have to pretty much start over now. I'm no expert so it takes me a while especially with front wheels. Rotors are a biyatch. If I can fit it in I'll try to make those adjustments but it might be another day or so before I can get back on it.

You have already done so much! If its too much hassle, its no big deal. But if its your thing etc... then rock on!

Again, Thank you! I really appreciate it. its already making my descision easier.

If it helps I think im leaning more towards the silver so maybe diffrent shades of that?.........Dark to Light.....?

-The red I like, but not sold on it, its harder to match and therfore makes it cost more to powdercoat.

-The Gumetal doesnt seem to match anything which is weird cause its usually everyones go to.

-The black, lets face it, black always looks good, but its also the color used on most bikes stock or not.

all my opinion ofcorse......

Anyone else wanna chime in?

• Member Contributer

It's definitely "my thing" but I'm trying to finish up a DVD project so I can get paid. I'll definitely work on it some more.

Making that final commitment is tough. Personally, I've never been a fan of red wheels on a red bike but in some cases they don't look bad. Silver would blend in with the frame and swingarm. White always looks good but the cleaning...ugh chain lube. Black has definitely been done and redone on wheels and is the obvious color for an all black bike. Perhaps a red rim strip on black rims? Gold always goes well on a red bike but it has to be just the right shade.

Well I was hoping for some more of Dutches photoshop skills before I sent the wheels to be Powdercoated. But I finally decided on a silver color whith a light metallic.

will see how it looks here is the color i chose with 2 diffrent backgrounds. The rear wheel goes right on no issues. The front wheel takes some machining,measuring,etc..... Hope all this goes well. will post pics when i can.

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'd pick the silver for looks, but I'm with Dutch on the black for cleaning purposes. I'll trade cleaning time for Riding Time every time.

Got them back from powdercoat! here they are, what do you guys think!? Thinking about a black rim stripe and i got black 90 degree valve stems......

photo_2.jpgphoto_1.jpg

Archived