removed wheel to easily get to those other screws:

DSC01573.jpg

Yes, that chain needs lube.

bracket installed.

DSC01576.jpg

cables secured

DSC01580.jpg

Great write up!

In this photo - is the up pipe touching the hugger? (Optical illusion maybe?)

It is tight but it is not touching. In fact, I'm going back to see if I can slide the actual hugger to the left and away from the up pipe a little more.

I took off my old Power Bronze POS hugger today after my ride. Also took off the OEM chain guard.

Then I decided to clean 10 years of chain spooge off the chain guard, swingarm, and everywhere else I could get to with some degreaser and a brush. WOW. I think I lowered the weight of the bike by about 8 oz of old chain spooge!!!

Bike is ready and waiting for the "extra" hugger from the group buy. Looking forward to a decent quality piece! Hoping my LEO Vince up pipe isn't going to touch this one.

I took off my old Power Bronze POS hugger today after my ride. Also took off the OEM chain guard.

Then I decided to clean 10 years of chain spooge off the chain guard, swingarm, and everywhere else I could get to with some degreaser and a brush. WOW. I think I lowered the weight of the bike by about 8 oz of old chain spooge!!!

Bike is ready and waiting for the "extra" hugger from the group buy. Looking forward to a decent quality piece! Hoping my LEO Vince up pipe isn't going to touch this one.

it won't touch but it will be too close.

I took a short test ride 10 minutes max and came back to check the hugger. I can't see the extent but it did something to the hugger. I parked and will get some heat tape to see if that helps. I might have to find a way to slide the hugger a little away from the pipe but there is no much room. Hope to get this done this weekend so I can go ride.

it won't touch but it will be too close.

I took a short test ride 10 minutes max and came back to check the hugger. I can't see the extent but it did something to the hugger. I parked and will get some heat tape to see if that helps. I might have to find a way to slide the hugger a little away from the pipe but there is no much room. Hope to get this done this weekend so I can go ride.

latest update:

No, the heat did not do anything to the hugger. I removed it to inspect it and it was fine. Still, I put some heat tape just in case.

• 1 year later...

Flimsy and moves around a lot. Melts on the up pipe as well. It's just not a high end piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived