Givi or 45 liter side bag equivilent question

Kel

• Member Contributer

Anyone have these bags or a 45 liter equivilent? The rental bike I'm getting will have these and I'm wondering how much stuff I can get in them. I assume a helmet will fit.

• Member Contributer

And then some. These bags are 50% bigger than the Honda accesory bags that I use, and I get my Shark RSR2 in one of them on a regular basis. Effectively, you will have the equivalent of 3 of my bags. Typically, I think of a bag this size as a top box. Are you sure that it doesn't only have a top box? Or is this an adventure touring bike?

• Member Contributer

And then some. These bags are 50% bigger than the Honda accesory bags that I use, and I get my Shark RSR2 in one of them on a regular basis. Effectively, you will have the equivalent of 3 of my bags. Typically, I think of a bag this size as a top box. Are you sure that it doesn't only have a top box? Or is this an adventure touring bike?

Here's the email I got after asking how big the side cases were so I assume he didn't mean a top case...

"Hi Kelly,

everything is ok and the 10th July comes soon.

The GIVI cases are 45 liters each. So to fit a helmet is ok.

I will mount also a power plug on the CBF 1000 for your GPS .

See you soon,

kind regards

HERMANN"

I think they're these, can be used a top or a side case...I didn't request a top case so I assume I'll get 2 of these, should hold what I'm bringing!

http://www.sporttour...exd.asp?id=2360

• Member Contributer

Are we talking about the GIVI E45's? I have a set, and I can fit a medium and a small helmet in them no problem. XL helmet is just a tad too big. I can fit my leather jacket and helmet and whatever I stuff in my helmet into one. Plenty large for anything.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Yoshi. Looks like I won't be splitting any lanes!

• Member Contributer

I have Givi 41 liter hard bags and have lived out of them for as long as five weeks of motels and camping. No top rack. Lots of room. Two helmets no problem. (One in each bag). My riding buddy claims the bike looks like a pregnant cow from behind. No milk though.

Archived