garmin suction to winscreen

• Member Contributer

will the suction cup stay to the underside of the windsreen. was thinking rhat or using the stem mount .

thx

• Member Contributer

It didn't work for me, but it does stick to the triple clamp. With significant warming it becomes less stuck, so I need to restick it. Its worked well for about 1500 miles.

Tony (Didit) has that on his VTEC and it's great.

I blatantly copied Didit's idea and love it. The suction cup would never stick, tank bolt and triple clamp mounts were too low for my tastes. The windscreen mount blocks my tachometer, but I don't care. If I really need to see the tach a quick lean to the left or right reveals it.

3725366826_8a3bb7254a_o.jpg

Zip-tie the mount to the clutch Res.

That is how I do My C-14 when I travel.

Then when you go in you just pop the GPS off and put it in your bag. Mount stays.

• Member Contributer

It might cost a little more, but the Ram Mount on the tank bolts sure does work good.

Easy to use and no worries about the unit staying in place.

It might cost a little more, but the Ram Mount on the tank bolts sure does work good.

His 3rd gen doesn't have the tank bolts up front.

RAM has a fork stem mount but it is a bit wobbly, This is a more solid stem mount. Also this one uses an allen bolt which is much better then the philips head screw of the RAM stem mount.

• Member Contributer

this is what I did

works well, just broke off the suction cup and drilled a couple of holes...

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I hate to drag this one out from the woodwork, but can someone verify the inner diameter of the fork stem? I don't have my bike with me today, but I need to get a gps holder ordered soon. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

A little off topic but, is there a mount for Iphones? I want to use the GPS and Speedo app in place of the factory speedo (went a tooth down in front. it's no where near accurate!

Archived