Going full stealth

TiN

To complete your blacked-out look, you should seriously consider the R&G right and left engine covers. About $260.00 for both, shipped.

I was skeptical about them, but they look great on my bike. Easy to install, as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To complete your blacked-out look, you should seriously consider the R&G right and left engine covers. About $260.00 for both, shipped.

I was skeptical about them, but they look great on my bike. Easy to install, as well.

Agreed on that one. Thats on the list with a real cf front fender.

That look really growing on me. I love the blk rims ... too bad we can't get carbon fiber rims for our bike :) Of course u could just about buy a used vfr 800 for that amount!!!

Dude, that is not only my cup of tea, but it is damn close to working my side of the street. The force is strong in you.

• Member Contributer

That's sweet!

Hey TiN, where's that pillion cover from? Haven't seen that before....

Looks pretty awesome, nice work. :)

That's sweet!

Hey TiN, where's that pillion cover from? Haven't seen that before....

Looks pretty awesome, nice work. :)

Thanks. the pillion cover and rear hugger are both Powerbronze.

Well its been a couple hundred miles of riding over the last few days and everything is still holding up perfect. I tried to ride in every situation (100+ mph, rain, 95* heat, 50* cold, etc). Its reassuring.

Stops over the last few rides have been quite different than usual. Normally I just stick to myself and have a soda and smoke at the gas station after my pee break and maybe I would talk to one or two people who would be more curious than anything. Now I can look around at any given time and see someone snapping a cell phone pic or be trying to leave with my headset tunes on and hear someone talking to me. Even had a guy run to his car to get a pen and paper to write down what kind of bike it was. That part is kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong, its nice to have approval the bike looks cool but really the only opinions that matter are from others that ride similar bikes to me.

The apparent consensus is that it must be the new CBR1k lol. Then I tell them its a bagger and they look dumbfounded following up abruptly with a "Whats a VFR?".

Anyway, thanks for all the positive comments. They are about the only thing that saved me from being killed in my sleep by my GF when I was in the middle of working on this project and she was saying that it is going to look stupid. Now she loves loves loves it btw. GF's and their lack of vision. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Partial hi-jack. Has anyone used that liquid dip process that's used on rifle stocks and the like? I wonder how that would work on VFR body panels.

I love the look of it, dont know if i am brave enough to do to mine though!! One question, is it reversible? If you do for whatever reason need to take it all off what do you think the damage would be to the original paint work?

Shouldnt be any damage to the original paintwork... Especially when covering panels in one piece versus several pieces where you might get seam line paint marks from dirt, grime, uv exposure, etc. This is essentually just covering your bike in a very nice looking giant vinyl sticker.

Hi TiN,

How does the pillion cover mount? Does it just clip on or slide on to the stock seat?

Hi TiN,

How does the pillion cover mount? Does it just clip on or slide on to the stock seat?

Pillion cover just slides onto the rear of the seat. Just take the seat off, slide it on, then reattach the seat.

I love the look of it, dont know if i am brave enough to do to mine though!! One question, is it reversible? If you do for whatever reason need to take it all off what do you think the damage would be to the original paint work?

Theoretically, if applied right I would think it would actually protect the original paint from rocks, chips, UV, etc. I can tear it off anytime and go back to the original color. I would doubt that I would ever want to but I could if I did.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info, will have to look that up.

I'd been thinking of doing a clear wrap... that paint is so stinking soft I'd been toying with the idea of that clear 3M crap. This might be more fun... especially since it's temporary, could change the color every season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

it is pretty smoothe. I agree with Ryan though. Not so sure less visible is better. On the other hand, if you are only riding in less densely populated areas, it is less of an issue. I assume your leathers and helmet are black as well. The Darth Vader look is still workin'. This is the first 1200 I've seen in stealth black.

• Member Contributer

As for the visibility angle

That only works if the cager is actually LOOKING and CARES if he hits you or not......

Well 700miles later and still holding up well on the wrap. Looks the same as the day it went on. Found bugs are a hell of a lot easier to get off so thats a plus.

Might want to go with something like this for your night ventures...

[media=]

[/media]

...don't forget your sandels.. :goofy:

signed..

DarkNight

That's some serious tron stuff going on.

-Mike

One-month review TiN? Have to touch anything up? How's it staying on?

Stays on perfect. Bugs are super easy with the stuff I have on. Just a hose will take them off. I have one panel that I want to redo since its not perfect but thats my bad. Love it.

Archived