Mirror replacement on VFR

Svet

Hi there,

I broke my left mirror on my 02 VFR, and I am looking for a replacement. I wanted to get OEM but the price seemed too high. Also I saw aftermarket mirrors on ebay for a lot cheaper. Should I trust the aftermarket ones? Do they have the same type of mirror, where the objects look smaller as the original? I just did not want to purchase one and when I get it to find out that it is not worth it. Any suggestions?

thanks

• Member Contributer

I have the EMGO mirrors on my 02, as close to OEM as you can find. Good quality & perfect match to the stocker.

I bought two mirrors from Cycle Gear that were an exact match except for the stem. I think they were for a CBR. $15 each. Just had to swap the mounts.

broke mine a few weeks ago and picked up an emgo mirror from motorcycle-superstore.com for about $35. quality is great and its pretty close to identical. My only issue is the angle of the arm is different than the OEM so the new mirror sits about and inch higher than the OEM. cant really notice it but it really freaking bothers me for some reason...

broke mine a few weeks ago and picked up an emgo mirror from motorcycle-superstore.com for about $35. quality is great and its pretty close to identical. My only issue is the angle of the arm is different than the OEM so the new mirror sits about and inch higher than the OEM. cant really notice it but it really freaking bothers me for some reason...

In stead of balancing the arms looking down on them, move one(forward or aft)so when looking from the seated position they'll look the same when looking into them.................. Might work?

I have been using the EMGO mirrors and see NO difference. At one point I had one stock and one EMGO. They were absolutely identical. I get mine at StarCycle in Lebec CA. $30 each.

• Member Contributer

Depending on what "Broke my mirror" covers, you might be able to have it repaired. Broken glass or broken stem?

If you snapped off the stem where it attaches to the cowl mount, it might be possible to have it welded. (I have had this done a couple of times) :blush:

• Member Contributer

I replaced my left with an EMGO duplicate and it looks just like the original. Works great. Got another set I put on my Ninja 500 to replace the stockers and they also work great.

Archived