New levers off Ebay

Guest Sneakers

Guest Sneakers

I'm sure other people have gotten them too. I cross referenced them from ASV levers.

Our 2010 VFR1200 levers are the same ones used on the 2000 Honda RC51.

I just received mine yesterday and they fit fine.

Not bad for $58.45 delivered from Hong Kong to me in 9 days. :smile:

Just a little info if someones looking for a set of them and wondering why no one lists them for our bike.

Although the VFR 1200 is more than 2 years on the market, most of the aftermarket doesn't seems to be intrested in this bike. The VFR 1200 has a lot of (cheaper) parts in common with other bikes, but when you look for information, (see my topic on speed bleeders) you have to do the research yourself...

No bushing. I used white lithium grease in the bolt hole. None of the knock off E-bay levers had the bushings either.

The factory ones do have a bushing.

No bushing. I used white lithium grease in the bolt hole. None of the knock off E-bay levers had the bushings either.

The factory ones do have a bushing.

Thanks.....

One thing I did notice is ASV seems to have the bushing in the pivot hole.

But Passo doesn't seem to use them either. At least by the pics I can see from e-bay and the manufacturers site.

My brother has Passo levers on one of his bikes. He used the same lever style I just bought and says he'll never spend that kind of money on the Passo's again.

He liked the E-bay ones. They were tight and had little play in them.

The ones I just bought are as tight on the front brake lever wiggle wise as the original oem lever was.

The clutch one was a hair looser than the oem lever was wiggle wise though.

Overall for less that $60.00 I like them.

So these would be Passo knock offs not Asv knock offs..LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at these ($60) as I have a $100 Amazon card burning a hole in my wallet :tongue:

417MbdmosFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Brake-Clutch-Lever-1300sf-Motor-228/dp/B007SQLL66/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1334523007&sr=1-6

Based on the above discussion it appears the RC51 is comparable..

Had a blast with the bike yesterday. A poor Ford Mustang GT got left in the rear view..He didn't stand a chance...He tried..LOL

Lovin' the ebay levers. Like I said I got the shorty ones.

$60,00 well spent!

• Member Contributer

I just got a set for my '99 from here: http://434racer.com/Products.html . I got them in about 4 days and they fit perfectly and work great. He doesn't list any for the 7th gen, but he does show the RC 51. $50 including shipping.

• Member Contributer

I just got a set for my '99 from here: http://434racer.com/Products.html . I got them in about 4 days and they fit perfectly and work great. He doesn't list any for the 7th gen, but he does show the RC 51. $50 including shipping.

Does the clutch lever depress the neutral safety switch completely? I got a HK set and the if I try to start while in gear and the clutch fully depressed I get nothing... have to shift into neutral to start the bike, which is a biotch if I stall at a light... not that that ever happens to me :huh:

• Member Contributer

Does the clutch lever depress the neutral safety switch completely? I got a HK set and the if I try to start while in gear and the clutch fully depressed I get nothing... have to shift into neutral to start the bike, which is a biotch if I stall at a light... not that that ever happens to me :huh:

These work with no issues. The bike will start in gear with the clutch depressed, doesn't even have to be completely against the bar. I have it set fairly far out though, between 3 and 4. That's where it feels most comfortable for me.

Just got home and checked the clutch lever. It will not start with the clutch in if the adjuster is in the number 1 position, but 2 through 7 work just fine. Number 1 position is really close to the bar BTW.

I have a pair of Pazzo shorties on my VFR.

Pazzo.jpg

The day after I paid too much money for them, I found these Chinese knock offs for $39.00 shipped that are now on my CBX.

IMAG0529.jpg

Faster Spider:

What Pazzo model number did you use for the Seventh Gen? I emailed them and they said they had nothing available yet... Was it the RC51 levers from them?

Having said this those knockoffs look decent for the money...

Cheers;

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

If it's ok to post here. here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/...523054841203715

Those are the ones I ordered.

Hey my name is Pete too..RePete..LOL :smile:

I tried to buy these. They sent me an email to be sure they got the part for my bike. I explained I had a 2010 VFR1200F and the RC51 levers are interchangeable. They refunded my money and politely refused to sell them to me. Uh, OK. Perhaps they are worried about their feedback on Ebay. The risk is mine as I know they are not specifically for my bike so how could I give them negative feedback. They were very polite and professional the whole time. So, guess I'll spend my money elsewhere. Ride safe.

Mark

• 4 months later...

Faster Spider:

What Pazzo model number did you use for the Seventh Gen? I emailed them and they said they had nothing available yet... Was it the RC51 levers from them?

Cheers;

Eric

I am a little late to the game but, yes, it was RC-51 model Pazzo levers I bought and use.

• Member Contributer

Faster Spider:

Cheers;

Eric

I am a little late to the game but, yes, it was RC-51 model Pazzo levers I bought and use.

Pazzo, now sells a set for the 7th Gen. Does you levers for the RC51 work the front brake switch? My Chinese copies did not! I now have a friend welding on a new tab that will work.

I confirm: the brake lever for RC51 is not identical to the one for the 1200.

It is not convenient to made a weld build-up, too dangerous. It is sufficient to "build" the missing part with rubber biadhesive tape, then protect all with electric tape.

In my bike this solution works fine since 10k km ago.

Archived