Ducati rear wheel?

Guest ollysol

Guest ollysol

Hello again, sorted those carb diaphrams in the end, had to buy a s/h set of carbs :( but ended up with two spare diaphrams for the future, going to brake cleaner them and vac pac them for safety. :)

Anyway, build is progressing quite well, currently re-housing the vfr clocks into early fireblade casings. will be having to mount up an extra pod for the fuel guage though.

Looking to do the ducati rear wheel conversion, anyone have a link to a thread which has had it done?

Do i need to buy the axle/stub as well and have it machined? Not a problem if i do, just would be good to know.Can i keep my disc? or are the mountings the same? Although could just cross reference the disc part numbers at work... hmm

Regards Olly

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

I don't remember there being a super solid guide on it. You're going to have to order the eccentric with spindle and go from there. The spindle will have to be machined down so the nut can go far enough in to make contact with the wheel. That's all I can say with any certainty. Go take some measurements with the stock setup on the swingarm, write down numbers, and compare them to after the swap. Then you won't have to trust anyone else's numbers.

Hmmm, not sure on the wd40 SEB, think the ptfe in it can affect rubber, also not sure on using petroleum jelly due to the petrol content, which i think is why you're not meant to use it with condoms?

Hmmm, thanks for the links and thoughts ggathagan and yoshihns. Will probably be one of the last things i do in terms of mods. Hoping to get the clocks together and wired up tonight so i can start on the stick coils, had a couple hooked up through an ignition tester t'other day and had a very nice spark through standard wiring, just need to find some that are thin enough to fit down the plug hole.

You can use baby oil if you prefer, point is, keep the solvents away.

Please let us know how your COP experiment goes, if your bike doesn't burn up and explode there are s real others waiting to do this too...

also not sure on using petroleum jelly due to the petrol content, which i think is why you're not meant to use it with condoms?

You think in a carburetor they use materials that deteriorate when in contact with petroleum derivatives?

V4 Rosso, tell you what, take your carbs off without draining them and turn them upside down, then just leave them for a while. I'd be very interested to hear the results.

KGS, have thought about it, but would mean replacing one of the other warning lights in the cbr cluster or putting another pod with light alongside, want to keep it fairly neat. Also without the wiring diagram to hand i can't remember how easy it is to isolate the reserve light from the gauge.

• Member Contributer

if the CBR unit uses left and right indicators, you could use one of those consolidation the two flashers into the 1 using a diode.

Less is always more in this respect.

Wiring diagrams are avaliable online and its simple enough to arrange. Am sure there are enough of us here that can give you wire info from top of head.. i know the loom backwards after years of r/r games.

• Member Contributer

Hello again, sorted those carb diaphrams in the end, had to buy a s/h set of carbs :( but ended up with two spare diaphrams for the future, going to brake cleaner them and vac pac them for safety. :)

Anyway, build is progressing quite well, currently re-housing the vfr clocks into early fireblade casings. will be having to mount up an extra pod for the fuel guage though.

Looking to do the ducati rear wheel conversion, anyone have a link to a thread which has had it done?

Do i need to buy the axle/stub as well and have it machined? Not a problem if i do, just would be good to know.Can i keep my disc? or are the mountings the same? Although could just cross reference the disc part numbers at work... hmm

Regards Olly

Any photos of your gauge conversion, I have to do something as mine is all banged up

thanks

Chris

On my 86, i had wired up a set of 95 cbr900 gauges on it. The 700 didnt have a kickstand switch, so instead i carefully scraped off the "s" from the light and wired it to the reserve sensor. Get a fuel decal and put it on and your good to go!

Archived