1985 honda VF500FF....?????

Guest gregginohio

Guest gregginohio

got a vf500 and the tag under the seat states its a Vf500 FF..what model is this? google turns up a bunch of europeon stuff..is it a import bike from overseas? tnx gregg in ohio

also whats weird is no warning labels on the tank and the labels for the fork shock air pressures ..is this a uk bike? it has a mismatched lh side cover that the guy replace and the colors do not line up with the tank..just a obsevation..gregg

no full fairing..........frame tag say to usa emission standards...its got a wierd side faring color scheme..guy replace the lh one and the stripes dont match up but did find one on ebay..gregg

the side cover does not have 500 on it just interceptor..red tank and fairing white front fender....when i got it the guy said it had a ticking noise ..brought it home removed the front v cover and the l front intake rocker arm just went away the cam wiped a divit in it..it wore it out pretty good ...dont have a explanation on why just failure of the hard coating on the rocker went away..cam doesnt look scored ..now to remove the cam far enough to replace the rocker arm..might make a running bike out of it if it runs well after fixed ..still looking for a set of end caps from a junk set of mufflers for a set on my 84 that someone renoved..doesnt run very well with no back pressure..and on the 85ff i got someone drilled 1/2 inch holes in the rear muffler baffle plates ..ill weld them shut and finish them off and paint them to fix them..to many projects going on as ususal,,gregg in ohio

• Member Contributer

got a vf500 and the tag under the seat states its a Vf500 FF..what model is this? google turns up a bunch of europeon stuff..is it a import bike from overseas? tnx gregg in ohio

You read it as VF500F-F, the last letter relating to the model year on the DOT or VIN systems. The "F" refers to a 1985 model. The VIN or Frame Number could tell you more about the bike's origin. Post it, if you want, and I'll have a go...

Ciao,

Archived