Has anyone fixed the grabby clutch for sure?

thenewwazoo

• Member Contributer

Is that an early Ducati 916 wheel?

Ducati's early wheels were made by Brembo in aluminum and model after Roberto Marchesini's classic 3 spoke... mine is a 6x17 magnesium Marchesini wheel that once belonged to Freddie Spencer's Two Brothers RC30...

• Member Contributer

Larry don't put no Eye-tallian Dew-catty parts on his Honduh.

Only genyoowine pedigreed HRC parts will do.

I confess my list of parts from other manufactures grows... if its light and trick it goes on... even a Dew-catty part... like a CMC rotor from a 1198 Panigale...

Parts from other manufactures...

Yamaha R1 Ohlins FG310 Superbike Forks...

Suzuki GSXR1000 Brembo billet radial Front Calipers...

Ducati 1098 Ferodo Ceramic Matrix Composite Front Disc...

Ducati 1198 Panigale Simcon Ceramic Matrix Composite Rear Disc...

Yamaha TZ250 3.50x17 3 spoke magnesium Marchesini...

Automotive K&N filter...

Suzuki GSXR750 Carbon Fiber Exhaust Can...

Check it out...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/74260-panigale-ceramic-matrix-composite-disc-mod/

You have to feel it to believe it but my finished Ceramic Matrix Composite disc only weights 7oz...

CMCRC45Disc1_zpscb04d098.jpg

CMCRC45Disc2_zps9bca6e90.jpg

if you come across a spare CMC rotor, it'll go nicely with my 1098s rear wheel.

On my gsxr 711, i changed from a set of 91 1100 forks/calipers to a set of K4 forks/calipers, and took off 4.4kgs (just under 10lbs). Also had a set of 320mm front rotors with hand layed carbon fibre centres (23 layers of carbon from memory) that were 1 kg(2.2lbs) lighter than stock.

Lighter wheels/brakes are awesome.

• Forum CEO

Deglazing and checking warpage on the metal rings, then the plates. Checking the slave and rod for free movement. The slave is right by the chain and it gets gunked up time to time, remove it inspect that to. Check the basket for wear, mine had deep grooves over 130k miles, make sure the pressure plate is good.

The worst clutch I ever saw was stewys, Riotgrrs husband. They shipped a ktm and a weestrom over from Australia and they were both toting lots of gear, he had a trailer he was pulling and it just ravaged his clutch, plates actually fused together with heat, we pulled out the ruined plates with pliers in peices, then had to have his pressure plate machined. Got him back on the road on their tour across America.

Archived