What Tank Bag do you like?

Magna86

I plan on doing alot of road trips on my 92. Never had a tankbag on my Magna. What tank bags do you like for the VFR's? I want one that isn't soo large it affects the riding position. But is well made and durable. Also what about bags fotr the rear whether saddle bags or a bag stacked on the passenger seat. Any input would be appreciated.

• Member Contributer

I picked up a cortech tribag earlier this year to replace an ancient eclipse

Very durable and I like that it's modular so I can make it however big or small I want for that particular trip

Haven't tested it in heavy rain yet

• Member Contributer

Oh, and on the rear I put a solo rack from Ken, with a small trunk from sears (jc Whitney). I

Ike that I can lock my helmet in it when parked

• Member Contributer

I really liked the Chase Harper Sport Tour tankbag on my 4th gen (available from aerostich here with a pic on my bike on fuelly here). Not cheap, but definitely durable. I'd still have it, except that I gave it to my brother when he needed a tankbag.

Lots of capacity, and even moreso when expanded (although that may affect the riding position more than you have in mind). (Oh, and when expanded, it will hold a full face helmet - at least, it would hold my old medium Arai.)

Have fun shopping!

Ron

• Member Contributer

None...but if I have to ride with one then a Givi T422.

• Member Contributer

What tank bags do you like?

Answer - none... ........tank bags drive me bonkers. I dont like anything of bulk in front of me on the bike so I can move around. Also, they are distracting to me.

Just personal taste.

-Hey Monk - that tailbag looks sweet.

• Member Contributer

None...but if I have to ride with one then a Givi T422.

+1 on the Givi T422, I have a larger strap on tank bag for longer trips. The givi is quick on/off and It is on the bike more often than not while around town.

Archived