Island Run

• Member Contributer

gallery_17747_5932_80776.jpg

Three of us decided to take a day ride around the Port Renfrew loop near Victoria and were blessed with great weather and smooth sailing.

First stop on the way is Jordan River where these two dudes were spotted trying to borrow surfboards..

gallery_17747_5932_102978.jpg

Lunch at the Coastal Kitchen Cafe in Port Renfrew, and a jaunt down the dock where we resisted the urge to jump our bikes off the end like some poor fellow did in his pickup a couple years ago.

gallery_17747_5932_159193.jpg

gallery_17747_5932_75693.jpg

After lunch and a short run up the paved logging road toward Mesachie Lake, we stopped to find a recently planted seedling along the side of the road. Amazing what a little rain and most of a thousand years will get you.

gallery_17747_5932_131044.jpg

Another break at the Lake Cowichan boat launch.

gallery_17747_5932_58125.jpg

Last stop of the day before seeing PolarBear and Squamishvfr off at the Nanaimo ferry terminal. Polarbear lured us into overstuffing with a plate of Rhubarb pie. Thanks, I'm still too full.

gallery_17747_5932_128158.jpg

After leaving Squamishvfr and PolarBear at the ferry terminal to wait 2 hours for the next ferry after having missed it by 8 minutes, I had a smooth run down the Island Highway back to Victoria with light traffic and cool dusk air.

Fantastic ride overall and a blissful route to take your mind off the week's distractions from reality.

Some more pics are here album

BC

• Member Contributer

Next time guys, post up, i would have loved to done the loop with you guys.

:computer-noworky:

• Member Contributer

Great way to spend the day guys. BCM, I might be down your way in July...... job hunting.

• Member Contributer

Great way to spend the day guys. BCM, I might be down your way in July...... job hunting.

Look forward to it. We kept a fairly relaxed pace so you could've dropped off a few resume's as we rode. :biggrin: Let me know when you know your final schedule and we'll arrange a ride.

Cheers, BC

• Member Contributer

:+1:

Looks like fun

• Member Contributer

Yeah, you're right. Just never thought our little jaunt would have interested any serious rider ... :biggrin: It really was just a "poking around the island" type of thing.

But we'll post up next time. My bad.

It was very nice. My first time riding so slowly (within speed limit all day) but I sure enjoyed it since we were rubbernecking all day looking at whatever was around. Mostly trees and mountains but still.

C

Note to self: REMEMBER that there are lots of cops out during long weekends..... ($$$)

• 1 month later...

Archived