GoPro Motorsports HD 1080 - 2011 Model

Ripper

• Member Contributer

I just picked up a GoPro Motorsports HD 1080P for $235 shipped! :cheerleader: Best deal I've seen on these and thought I'd share!

Link to item http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160569444794&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

or Item # 160569444794

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I've been using mine a lot but since I have a 64bit laptop, my choices on editing software is very limited. I could shoot myself for buying this thing.... Nobody supports it.

Other than my PC... I'm loving the GoPro!

• Member Contributer

I've been using mine a lot but since I have a 64bit laptop, my choices on editing software is very limited. I could shoot myself for buying this thing.... Nobody supports it.

Ripper, Sony Vegas has a 64bit version, but thier 32bit version works just fine for me under Win7 64bit.

Its not cheap software mind you, unless you know how to get your hands on it from other places, if you know what I mean.

But I know a lot of people that just use Window's built in video editing software, but it can't handle 1080p video.

• Member Contributer

Ripper, Sony Vegas has a 64bit version, but thier 32bit version works just fine for me under Win7 64bit.

Its not cheap software mind you, unless you know how to get your hands on it from other places, if you know what I mean.

But I know a lot of people that just use Window's built in video editing software, but it can't handle 1080p video.

I bought Power Director 9, Wish I had know the 32bit Vagas was compatible. Everything I read said no go for use on my machine. Oh well, just have to learn to use the Power Director like I did with paint.net... Trial and Error!

when I researched the gopro, I realized that alot of folks have issues using 1080p, so they back it off to the highest setting that my non-HD hero uses. I save a few hundred bones that way and it works fine with windows moviemaker.

• Member Contributer

when I researched the gopro, I realized that alot of folks have issues using 1080p, so they back it off to the highest setting that my non-HD hero uses. I save a few hundred bones that way and it works fine with windows moviemaker.

Damn it, that video makes me want to ride!

noticed at 2:14 the riders body position in the turn, he could be the next Rossi?

the gopro is addictive. Everything looks better through that wide angle lens.

You wouldn't have a picture of how you mounted the camera to take this video. would you?

did you use the suction cup or what?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My HD GoPro got stolen off the floorboards of my truck at the track a couple of weeks back, along with my Garmin GSP276Map with Satellite system. Have to keep doors locked at race track from now on......even at small club events. Pissed me off big-time. :pissed:

New one got in today. Try again. Got the new battery back pack , screen & extra mounts & extra batteries :mad:

My HD GoPro got stolen off the floorboards of my truck at the track a couple of weeks back, along with my Garmin GSP276Map with Satellite system. Have to keep doors locked at race track from now on......even at small club events. Pissed me off big-time. :pissed:

New one got in today. Try again. Got the new battery back pack , screen & extra mounts & extra batteries :mad:

sorry to hear.

I think I'll get an extra battery. This cam is addictive. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a GoPro and it doesn't have a memory card(?). So anyway when I find one, what should I get, the battery last 2.5 hours?

While I'm with out is there any thing the camera can do without the card?

I just bought a GoPro and it doesn't have a memory card(?). So anyway when I find one, what should I get, the battery last 2.5 hours?

32 gigs is the max the gopro can take.

I got a 16 gig and I found it works fine for a 1-2 hour ride.

But i'd get the 32 gig and not worry about running out of space.

In the mean time, go read the manual. the gopro operates on 2 buttons. get familiar with it now so you don't have to take it with you on your rides.

I ended up buying the 2 backpacks: LCD and battery.

LCD: makes it a lot easier for you to set up the camera and know you will have the right angle.

Battery pack: while the gopro is eating its battery, I have the battery pack in my tail bag charging the other battery. when the gopro runs out of battery, I just swap them and the discharged battery is now charging. ( I have a 12v socket with a usb adapter from under the seat to the tail bag). On a multiday trip, you will never run out of battery.

another thing you can do while you wait to get your memory card:

I suggest you go to the gopro forum and start getting ideas for mount positions and home made mount devices.

It's a nice toy. enjoy it and looking forward to see what you come up with. :cheerleader:

32 gigs is the max the gopro can take.

I got a 16 gig and I found it works fine for a 1-2 hour ride.

But i'd get the 32 gig and not worry about running out of space.

In the mean time, go read the manual. the gopro operates on 2 buttons. get familiar with it now so you don't have to take it with you on your rides.

I ended up buying the 2 backpacks: LCD and battery.

LCD: makes it a lot easier for you to set up the camera and know you will have the right angle.

Battery pack: while the gopro is eating its battery, I have the battery pack in my tail bag charging the other battery. when the gopro runs out of battery, I just swap them and the discharged battery is now charging. ( I have a 12v socket with a usb adapter from under the seat to the tail bag). On a multiday trip, you will never run out of battery.

another thing you can do while you wait to get your memory card:

I suggest you go to the gopro forum and start getting ideas for mount positions and home made mount devices.

It's a nice toy. enjoy it and looking forward to see what you come up with. :cheerleader:

Thx for the tips... I'm not sure where I can get a memory card in this town.... I bought the GP at the Honda shop and they don't have any MC's(I'll call in the morning to be sure).

Is there a reference # for a GP MC? Do the memory cards have to be for GP or not?

Now to read the manual(many times).

You can get an SD card at best buy / wal-mart... anywhere with electronics... The manual says to get a class 4 or higher SD card so the gopro can write the data to the card fast enough.

You can get an SD card at best buy / wal-mart... anywhere with electronics... The manual says to get a class 4 or higher SD card so the gopro can write the data to the card fast enough.

Thx for the info.

What he said Monk.

the higher the class, the better.

Microcenter.com has good prices.

It's 3 in the morning, I was wondering if anyone on board now uses the "Windows Moviemaker" with their GoPro. If so, what's the best resolution that works with "WMM".

It's 3 in the morning, I was wondering if anyone on board now uses the "Windows Moviemaker" with their GoPro. If so, what's the best resolution that works with "WMM".

haven't used it but will try it. I hear the adobe product is good too. I forgot the name of it.

Archived