GoPro

Knute

• Member Contributer

Entry level? I thought their camera was pretty basic already?

Yeah... I don't know, a little cheaper anyway.

• Member Contributer

Just looked at it, specs look ok.

The "entry level" is GoPro's statement... I don't know sheet from shin-o-la about this thing. My wife gave me the GoPro HD Hero for Xmas last year, probably would have never popped for it myself, but now that I have it, I love the camera. Plug it into a HD TV and the output is really pretty darn nice, although for some reason when I do this I don't get sound? Never did figure this out yet.

• Member Contributer

Guy I work with has one, they work really nice and shot some really good video, battery life will run about 1.5hour I guess, which will fill a 4gig SD Card. its for sure on my list to Santa this year.

Killboy has a bunch of videos posted he has taken with the Go Pro, even mounted one on the side of a RC Helocopter

• Member Contributer

I don't know too much about them either. I guess I just dislike the fact that they don't have a screen for setup & playback.

Those are the biggest drawbacks I see, also. The current full-feature HD camera has an expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro's forthcoming BacPac accessories - LCD screen & Battery Extension. Once these are available, the camera will have about everything I want.

Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro's forthcoming BacPac accessories - LCD screen & Battery Extension - both important features for filmmaking hobbyists & professional videographers that are compatible with the original HD HERO camera.

This is the difference............. It basicly says it's hard, to impossible, to upgrade it .... and there's a lot of stuff I can see, if I wanted one that I'd like to add.....

• Member Contributer

I don't know too much about them either. I guess I just dislike the fact that they don't have a screen for setup & playback.

The lack of a playback screen is for sure a drawback. Once turned on and set to whatever mode you wish, you press the top "record" button to start either recording video or to take a picture... only problem is, you can't tell if you've actually depressed the button hard enough to activate it. There has been times when I thought I press the button to record only to find out later it didn't actually activate, on the fly, you really don't know if its recording or not and that is a problem. At a minimum GoPro really needs to add an indication light on the backside so you can tell for sure if its recording or not.

• Member Contributer

The lack of a playback screen is for sure a drawback. Once turned on and set to whatever mode you wish, you press the top "record" button to start either recording video or to take a picture... only problem is, you can't tell if you've actually depressed the button hard enough to activate it. There has been times when I thought I press the button to record only to find out later it didn't actually activate, on the fly, you really don't know if its recording or not and that is a problem. At a minimum GoPro really needs to add an indication light on the backside so you can tell for sure if its recording or not.

You hit the nail on the head! While riding, I sometimes can't recall if I left the camera on recording, or shut it off. I've inadvertently shut it off while riding thinking I was starting a recording, losing what would have been some very nice video. Very frustratiing to have to stop, get off the bike, and look at the front of the camera to see what mode it's in. And in sunlight, it's hard to see. I vote for indicators on the rear of the camera, plus playback at the camera.

Very frustratiing to have to stop, get off the bike, and look at the front of the camera to see what mode it's in.

That's why I see that in so many ride videos. Is this thing on? :laughing6-hehe:

Archived