Need a throttle cable measurement please

SEBSPEED

Question

I need a Honda throttle cable that has a housing length of 28".

If anyone has a 5th or 6th gen cable laying around to measure for me, please post up. Or if you know of a cross reference table online somewhere, point me to it!

Thanks!

20 answers to this question

28" dimension should be measured as defined in Motion Pro's diagram seen here:

I am looking for the "Pull" cable only, which looks just like the diagram, it has the long hex shaped adjuster barrel on it. I'm open to using a cable from any Honda, just has to be able to thread into CBR1000RR throttle tube.

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

5th Gen Thottle return cable is 30.5 inches (measured plastic sleving only)- Hope this helps :biggrin:

5th Gen Thottle return cable is 30.5 inches (measured plastic sleving only)- Hope this helps :biggrin:

That's the best news I've heard all day! If someone can confirm the dimension for the pull cable I'll be one happy camper!

• Member Contributer

That's the best news I've heard all day! If someone can confirm the dimension for the pull cable I'll be one happy camper!

Easy. 29 inches and1/8th :laughing6-hehe:

Easy. 29 inches and1/8th :laughing6-hehe:

Really? Or are ya messin with me?

• Member Contributer

Sorry Seb - was laughing at myself for going out to the garage and measuring one cable then going out again to measure the other!

Cables are still attached to throttle tube/switch gear. do you need them? yours for the cost of shipping. ( :blush: might be $$ from the UK though)

Sorry Seb - was laughing at myself for going out to the garage and measuring one cable then going out again to measure the other!

Cables are still attached to throttle tube/switch gear. do you need them? yours for the cost of shipping. ( :blush: might be $$ from the UK though)

Shipping would be worth it if I could convince you to also throw in a few UK bike mags... I'll pay of course! PM inbound...

Sounds like you are set.

Yes, it looks that way. If it's not too much trouble, I wouldn't mind knowing what the F/R measure anyway. Something to file away in the VF/VFR info stash... :beer:

Forgot to update... I got the 5th gen cable from Red installed & it works a treat, pretty much perfect! :fing02:

So 5th gen VFR throttle cables seat into the throttle housing from a cbr1000rr...

Yes

...and connect to your carbs and are the correct length?

No, this was for a custom application. I never did say what bike it was for.

I'm an idiot, it must've been before my morning coffee when I checked to see if they'd fit in the cbr1000rr housing. They fit like a glove, and considering the rc51 clip ons I have are lower than the stock bars by several inches, I should have plenty of cable length to play with. Sorry to resurrect a 4 year old thread haha.

Archived