Sirius Radio + Scala Rider G4 + Boosteroo + iCombi AG-12 = Nice Wireless Stereo Music

Knife

• Member Contributer

I've been using my Sirius Radio plugged into my Scala Rider G4 headset, but it wasn't loud enough. I added a 2-port amplifier and now the sound is plenty loud.

I did get tired of the cord between the amplifier and my headset, so I tried my Bluetooth adapter. It works great! Now I have wireless stereo music through my Scala Rider G4 headset from my Sirius Radio! No more unplugging every time I make a stop!

• Member Contributer

I've been using my Sirius Radio plugged into my Scala Rider G4 headset, but it wasn't loud enough. I added a 2-port amplifier and now the sound is plenty loud.

I did get tired of the cord between the amplifier and my headset, so I tried my Bluetooth adapter. It works great! Now I have wireless stereo music through my Scala Rider G4 headset from my Sirius Radio! No more unplugging every time I make a stop!

Ok... with info like this you're pushing me off the fence to finally get going and get a set up too!! Thanks for letting us know beer.gif

• Member Contributer

Which bluetooth adapter did you use? Pics or model??? Does it connect to the 1/8 stereo mini plugs on both ends, replacing the cord?

BC

• Member Contributer

Which bluetooth adapter did you use? Pics or model??? Does it connect to the 1/8 stereo mini plugs on both ends, replacing the cord?

BC

The Boosteroo amplifier plugs into the radio's audio-out port. Both are powered out of my tank bag.

The Bluetooth adapter plugs into one of the two audio-out ports on the Boosteroo amplifier.

The Bluetooth adapter has a rechargeable battery (USB cord) and an on/off switch.

The Bluetooth adapter is paired with the Scala Rider G4.

I can't find an iCombi AG-12 BT adapter on line that is still available. Perhaps they have a new model now. Here's a pic of the one I have. It's about 1" x 1" x 1/4". It came in black or silver.

med_gallery_12878_5047_14571.jpg

• Member Contributer

BC

The Boosteroo amplifier plugs into the radio's audio-out port. Both are powered out of my tank bag.

The Bluetooth adapter plugs into one of the two audio-out ports on the Boosteroo amplifier.

The Bluetooth adapter has a rechargeable battery (USB cord) and an on/off switch.

The Bluetooth adapter is paired with the Scala Rider G4.

what Bluetooth adapter are you using?

I can't find an iCombi AG-12 BT adapter on line that is still available. Perhaps they have a new model now. Here's a pic of the one I have. It's about 1" x 1" x 1/4". It came in black or silver.

med_gallery_12878_5047_14571.jpg

I just got the G4's. I want something better than the FM radio. Your set up looks good. :biggrin: So which Sirius radio you using? That's my puzzle right now.

I'm also very close to getting the Scala G4, thank you very much for the post. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get it but fairly soon. Do you know anyone with any good deals going on right now?

I'm also very close to getting the Scala G4, thank you very much for the post. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get it but fairly soon. Do you know anyone with any good deals going on right now?

I got my powerset from Sum of all Parts.com for $325 plus free shipping.

• Member Contributer

How long do the batteries in the iCombi last. That's been the only thing holding me back from using one with my Zumo. By any chance do you know what voltage it runs, in other words can it be taken apart and wired direct to the bike via a transformer?

• Member Contributer

How long do the batteries in the iCombi last. That's been the only thing holding me back from using one with my Zumo. By any chance do you know what voltage it runs, in other words can it be taken apart and wired direct to the bike via a transformer?

Don't know yet how long the battery lasts. I just bought a cigarette plug to USB outlet to power it out of my tank bag set up. I know it can be recharged that way, I'm just not sure that it will recharge while in use. I'll find out soon and post the results.aac-004_2_400.jpg

Cigarette Plug to USB Outlet

AAC-004 $19.95 Convert a cigarette socket your bike or vehicle to a USB Power Outlet. Charge your MP3 Player, GoPro HD Camera, or any other device that is powered or charged via USB.

• Member Contributer

Can't speak for this model but everyone I've looked at runs about 8 hours. The one I have said 8hours but it runs 10-12hours still and its 3 years old now.

• Member Contributer

I just got the G4's. I want something better than the FM radio. Your set up looks good. :biggrin: So which Sirius radio you using? That's my puzzle right now.

I have a Sirius/XM Sportser 5, and I purchased a lifetime subscription.

41fAx9CthML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Member Contributer

This is the Boosteroo amplifier I have. It has two audio out ports. They also make one with three audio out ports. I think I paid about $20.00 or so for it.

twin_revs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems trying to connect the BT adapter to the G4. I get the flashing red/blue light on the BT adapter for about 30 seconds, and the flashing red/blue light on the G4 for 2 minutes before it goes a blinking blue. I can't hear anything in the speakers, unless I use the G4 FM radio. :cheerleader: I can hear my sat radio if I use the cord between the sat radio and the G4. Any ideas?

• Member Contributer

As I recall, I put my G4 in seek (BT) mode, then did the same with the BT adapter. A minute or so later, the G4 found it and it's been good ever since. But maybe it's the other way; put the BT adapter in seek mode, and then put the G4 in seek mode. I'll try to remember to take a look at my BT adapter instructions when I get home tonight. The G4 should find any compatible BT device when both are in the seek mode. Is that confusing enough?

I ordered a icombi AG-12BT from Aerostitch when this thread came up. And this is what I got. What I am now thinking, this is the update to the AG12. And it only works with the Chatterbox. The box it came in was marked AG12 BT.

DSCN1773.jpg

Archived