My trip to Miller

• Member Contributer

sbk10.jpg

My good friend Dan is the owner/webmaster of the excellent website Rare Sportbikes for Sale (it's like Bring a Trailer but for cool bikes). We got hooked up with tickets and "special" passes to the races this past weekend from one of the authors of that site who is also a member of the Veloce Racing team. We had a great time and got to see some amazing racing up close, Miller is a truly wonderful faciility, the photos don't do justice.

Huge Thanks go to Dan, Jay, Veloce Racing, Moto Forza, and the AItalia Aprilia team for the fun and amazing access we had. :laughing6-hehe:

Sporting my VFRD Colors at the track ;)

sbk5.jpg

Dan and I at the Veloce Racing Garage. (notice the raresportbikesforsale.com stickers on the bike!)

sbk9.jpg

Getting Nobi's ride ready to race

sbk7.jpg

Honda was there with a trailer full of bikes too...

sbk6.jpg

Some Racing Photos

sbk13.jpg

sbk3.jpg

sbk11.jpg

sbk8.jpg

sbk4.jpg

Inside the Aprilia Garage just before the final SBK race. (yep, I said inside!)

sbk14.jpg

Suspension tweaks

sbk15.jpg

Mr. Biaggi's victory lap (Photo credit to Dan, this is the money shot!)

sbk20.jpg

Nice to be able to watch all the action so up close and see Aprilia take two wins. How was the after party?

Great pics, awesome view with the snow capped mountains in the background. Do you have higher resolution pics of teh first and last photo? They would make awesome desktop backgrounds.

Nice to be able to watch all the action so up close and see Aprilia take two wins. How was the after party?

Great pics, awesome view with the snow capped mountains in the background. Do you have higher resolution pics of teh first and last photo? They would make awesome desktop backgrounds.

BIAGGI!!

• Member Contributer

who in his right minds would want a desktop background of that Biaggi???? :laughing6-hehe:

Oh yeah, Superchode!!!!! :biggrin:

Nice pictures and experiences to see WSB up close and personal. speaking of personal, where are the umbrella girls?

• Member Contributer

I'm sorry I didn't get a single shot of the grid girls, lame, I know. :(

We shot over 1200 photos total on two cameras, Dan's got them all on his laptop now so all I have at the moment are these low-res versions I'll try to get originals of the good ones and post links but it may be several days.

• Forum CEO

It was a smart move to change the SBK weekend from July to May, when we went it was like freaking 100 degrees out there! It takes 45 minutes to walk from one end of the track to the other! huge place, it was a treat watching Danny Eslick back it in the the first corner, he had the crowd howling every time he did it.

The best part of the whole AMA weekend was meeting all the vfrd guys and just hanging out in Sandy UT at a friend of a member who just welcomed the 10 of us in and we had a BBQ and Steaks, homemade potato salad and all the fixins - on a whim! Great folks great hosts and a great time! Utah was very special for me too.

I'm sorry I didn't get a single shot of the grid girls, lame, I know. :(

Dude...MORE umbrella girls!! Next time, O.K.? :fing02:

We shot over 1200 photos total on two cameras, Dan's got them all on his laptop now so all I have at the moment are these low-res versions I'll try to get originals of the good ones and post links but it may be several days.

That would be great, thanks :fing02:

who in his right minds would want a desktop background of that Biaggi???? :laughing6-hehe:

Here is a desktop pic of The Doctor for you :happy:

m1bz153sd8lc_ml.jpg

I hope he heals well. :blush:

Archived