Blue bags

didit

• Member Contributer

Okay, first off no comments on how dirty she is. Going in for full servicing soon, then a couple hours at the detail spa.

A big thanks to panamawing. Dreams really do come true and posting in the classifides really does work. Here are the new to me hardbags mounted just a day after

returning from my buddies body shop, all repaired and nicely painted to match. Though I told the painter not to fret about try to exact match as it was a 3 layer

custom job to begin with, he did a marvelous job! Again, once cleaned up & in the sun I don't think you'll see any variance.

Next week I'll be picking up the pillion pegs ($45 from ebay) and new springs ($91 shippped from sonic springs) for final assembly.

gallery_6587_3685_129832.jpg

new2me (2).JPG

gallery_6587_3685_256371.jpg

new2me (1).JPG

gallery_6587_3685_32287.jpg

before (1).JPG

gallery_6587_3685_75428.jpg

done (1).JPG

gallery_6587_3685_160225.jpg

before (2).JPG

gallery_6587_3685_139392.jpg

done (2).JPG

Again, thanks Mike! Really love them and yes, gypsycat - you still get first dibbs should I decide to part with her.

That does look great. As you know, my CBR is almost the same color - but I recently sold it. I'm going to miss it. sad.gif

Are the reflectors required north of the border? I took mine off and filled/ repainted over the void.

• Member Contributer

That does look great. As you know, my CBR is almost the same color - but I recently sold it. I'm going to miss it. sad.gif

Are the reflectors required north of the border? I took mine off and filled/ repainted over the void.

Sort of kinda, yes? To be honest I'm not exactly sure what's legally required.

Personally though, I don't mind having a little more visibility especially at night. No different than wearing a neon vest to be seen.

Of course, you could always put together a little mod with some cool blue LED lights :woohoo:

• Member Contributer

Looks good.

What was your all-in cost Tony?

$250US for the bags & brackets

$70US for shipping

$35CDN for duty/GST

$200CDN for repair & paint

Call it $575 CDN for colour matched & installed. I'm a happy guy, plus it's from my winter savings bike slush fund so all paid, no credit/debt.

• Member Contributer

Ton, the bags look great.. U will enjoy them on small trips for sure. Hopefully the rear sets come in soon so you can try them out.

• Member Contributer

Damn that looks good Tony! :comp13:

I think the blue is just beautiful! Admired your bike at Dillon.

Glad the bags workout for you and put some cash in my pocket at the same time!

Black to Blue!

This site just plain ROCKS!

• Member Contributer

Thank ya'll - yes I've been very happy with the colour results.

Gary, we'll see you in Troutdale!!!

Derek, picking up the pillion pegs Wed. There will be a few trips this summer to make use of the space. Will keep you posted on Kootenay runs.

Archived