TiTs 2010

except being totally stuffed from too many corners.

I can imagine after 12 days of riding with only a single day off. Excellent trip report :fing02:, thanks for forwarding Ab.

Try Living here. smile.gif

• Member Contributer

It's ride reports like this that give me that warm feeling during the winter up here. Excellent writing and descriptions!!!!

Muff

from Kirby:

Well after 16 days of almost completely dry and sunny weather, coming home was weather: FAIL.

This morning from Tallangatta to Tumbarumba we managed to get in Granya and Murray Valley along the way, but by Tumbarumba everyone had had enough. it was time for the freeway.

Even this was not without moments of Chaos. Hayden went off by himself to Tumut and Gundagai, despite me having my indicator on for the last 500m before the turn and flashing my headlights at him...

Apart from a few light sprinkles, the rain had held off all day. We got all the way to Yass without having to break the wets out. Looking at the BOM radar I thought we might miss it completely, but just after the Goulburn exit off the freeway it started coming down. We stopped under an overpass, put the wets on and headed off.

By the time I got to Moss Vale it was bucketing. There was a storm that dumped just over 20mm of rain over the Southern Highlands in 45 minutes, and I rode right through it. It was pretty hard going. Almost no visibility, water all over the road, a couple of cars had slid off and crashed... one of them was upside down in the centre reservation. I eventually caught up to a bright red Highway patrol car and followed him until he got off at Campbelltown, and shortly afterwards the rain stopped. I was so close to home by now I couldn't be bothered to stop and take the wets off, so just sweated it for the last 30 minutes home.

How to write the final word about this trip... well, firstly if you have even the slightest chance of doing a bike trip around Tassie grab it with both hands. The place is motorcycling nirvana. It's packed with twisty roads, an almost complete absence of cops and little traffic. Better still if you can arrange to have the warmest, driest couple of weeks the place has had in years...

Apart from that, after just under 6000km in 16 days I reckon that'll do me for a while. Might wheel the bike out next weekend to give it wash, which will mean more or less pulling all of the plastics off to get at all the crap that's been flicked up in there. But after that I'll be content to join the Muz and RDM club and just wander out to the shed every now and then to make sure it's still there... ;-)

OzVFR mailing list

Vfrlist@ozvfr.net.au

Winding down the Tassie ride

Hands down the best holiday Sandra and I have ever had, on or off the bike.

Photo gallery is now complete, with descriptions etc, enjoy.

http://www.bikesnstuff.net/gallery2/v/bikes/tassie/

Oh, an american took a photo of my numberplate while we were at the Tahune Airwalk, said he had a fourth gen, and now an 800, I don't suppose he posted it here anywheres??? (BTW my plate is VF-750).

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Seems like every ride report I read from down under has some crazy times, lots of drinking , and some crashes to keep it interesting!

Archived