what's up with the Flat Black paint?

Guest slick001

Guest slick001

I've seen a few posts on here about painting the bike "flat black" as the new thing.

Maybe I'm just old or something, but I'm not sure I could get into that color,

although I am considering painting gloss black.

Anybody have a picture of their flat black bike?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

That's it, Timmy? 2 short responses? Really?

Personally I like something with a bit more visibility, paint certainly isn't most important, but every little bit helps.

• Member Contributer

You know, if the 5th gen didn't have that dorky looking headlight setup I would be a lot hotter on them visually. Give Timmy's bike some bronze powdercoat to the wheels, a left-hand exhaust to better show off the SSSA, and then something about the lighting... RC45 style upper for instance would look like a million dollars. I'm talking 'sell the 6th gen I'm finding a 5th' style hot.

• Member Contributer

Dayum, Timmy, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your bike before. Is 'pretty' the right word to use?

And to think I spent all that time colour matching the V35s, when I should have been painting the bike...

Glenn

the most alluring machine on God's green earth:

Dayum, Timmy, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your bike before. Is 'pretty' the right word to use?

And to think I spent all that time colour matching the V35s, when I should have been painting the bike...

Glenn

the most alluring machine on God's green earth:

andithankyou.....

Here you go, it's called "asphalt" but when I had to order some touchup paint from Honda it was called "gunpowder."

MtStHelensFall09016.jpg

Aug2005OlympicTrip060.jpg

Stealth color, evades radar.

I love those asphalt sixth gens.

Here's a pic of my bike when it was satin finish. Dedumboed too.n1092398558_30191322_4355.jpg

Now she looks like this. Still need to do the wheels though.

8420_1237246926612_1092398558_30766380_2344960_n.jpg

timmy, is your car flat black too? :goofy: :fing02:

as soon as I build a more bike-friendly bed and find the stock steel wheels, this whole thing will be dipped in rhino-liner.

n1224974224_322369_6480-1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Black is definitely best!! In fact I liked it so much I bought a second VFR and made it Asphalt too. :goofy:

gallery_2975_3734_22178.jpg

TheStag-9.jpg

What paint did you use for your muffler covers and pipe cover? That's pretty speshull!! You might like the 06+ turn signal and tail lights, That was my project late last year. I'll post up when I get home but I think there are a few 'Asphalt w/06 lights' pix around here.

• Member Contributer

0408908028.jpg

I christen thee: The Black Pearl. :goofy: :fing02:

Now it's up to you if you want to dress like a pirate and impress all your harley friends. :goofy:

Archived