UK 5th gen headlight housing.

Veefer800Canuck

Question

Since I am in the market for a new headlight, I thought I may as well get a UK-spec unit, which IIRC takes the standard H-4 bulbs without needing to bend tabs or buy silly adaptors.

Can anyone confirm this 100%???

Also, I think they have the provision for the "city light" which I would probably utilize by getting the proper pigtail, I think they take a 194/168 wedge-base bulb like the instrument cluster, and then sourcing power from a switched source so it's always on when the key is on.

18 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Not that it's definitive, but the bulb picture at David Silver Spares looks to be the same as the North America spec:

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_62907/

Their part number (33111S6DG01HE) doesn't yield any more information, either.

The housing part number (33102-MBG-652) is the same in Europe or NA.

:goofy:

On my FiW a standard H4 won't fit: you have to remove the 2 offending tabs to get an H4 to seat.

So you're going to give in and get the mother of all motorcycle headlight systems? (6th gen) :biggrin:

:mad:

On my FiW a standard H4 won't fit: you have to remove the 2 offending tabs to get an H4 to seat.

So you're going to give in and get the mother of all motorcycle headlight systems? (6th gen) :huh:

Sure, you provide the parts, gratis, and come up here and do the modification work while I rest my foot. :biggrin: :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Since I am in the market for a new headlight, I thought I may as well get a UK-spec unit, which IIRC takes the standard H-4 bulbs without needing to bend tabs or buy silly adaptors.

Yes it takes standard H4 bulbs with no modification or bending of tabs. When a rock cracked my lens cover, I sourced a unit from UK (via Ebay). It installed w/o any issues and works 100%.

I am 100% positive

Yes it takes standard H4 bulbs with no modification or bending of tabs. When a rock cracked my lens cover, I sourced a unit from UK (via Ebay). It installed w/o any issues and works 100%.

I am 100% positive

Hmmm, interesting. :biggrin:

Then you (and oncoming traffic) are better off with a ED spec headlight.

The last image shows the cut off line of a UK spec headlight, the first that of other Euro spec headlights . When UK riders get off their island they have to put a piece of tape on part of the lens leaving the "harmonised" pattern, so not to blind oncoming traffic. Same for mainland riders when we ride the island.

headlight-beams-on-wall-illustration.gif

And yes, Euro spec 5th gen headlights take regular H4 bulbs.

Hmm, I wonder if superchode, who brought his Can. spec 5th gen to The Hague, can get bulbs that fit his 5th gens headlight. :biggrin:

It's the area code Honda uses in their parts catalogue to find the right part for your bike. You'll also find these area codes on top of teh wiring diagrams in the service manual.

A = USA (49-state);

AC = USA (California);

AR = Austria;

CM = Canada;

E = England;

ED = European Direct sales;

F = France;

FI = Finland;

G = Germany;

H = Netherlands;

IT = Italy;

J = Japan;

ND = North Europe;

SP = Spain;

SW = Switzerland;

U = Australia.

My '01 is supposedly a UK-spec one, and it has adapter rings on the headlight bulbs.

However (but!) I can't guarantee that the headlights are the original ones, as the bike was crashed and repaired before I bought it.

• Member Contributer

I can check the beam on my UK spec 98 when it's dark later tonight. Though i'm pretty sure it kicks out to the left. The only headlight on ebay europe is a UK one at the moment... currently at £76

Red

• Member Contributer

It's the area code Honda uses in their parts catalogue to find the right part for your bike. You'll also find these area codes on top of teh wiring diagrams in the service manual.

A = USA (49-state);

AC = USA (California);

AR = Austria;

CM = Canada;

E = England;

ED = European Direct sales;

F = France;

FI = Finland;

G = Germany;

H = Netherlands;

IT = Italy;

J = Japan;

ND = North Europe;

SP = Spain;

SW = Switzerland;

U = Australia.

I'll pull the code off mine this afternoon and confirm UK vs. ED

But still 100% positive the H4 buld fits with no modification.

• Member Contributer

The only headlight on ebay europe is a UK one at the moment... currently at £76

I only found one dutch headlight from a 5th gen that's being slaughtered: €110.

I guess it helps to know what headlight is in the local language! :goofy:

french = phare?

dutch = voorlicht?

italian = proiettore?

I guess it helps to know what headlight is in the local language! :goofy:

french = phare?

dutch = voorlicht?

italian = proiettore?

A few more to try:

German - scheinwerfer/lampe/vorderlame/fernlicht

Archived