Gasoline

Bent

• Member Contributer

Found a station near the house that sells 100% gasoline and have been using it in all our vehicles for a few months now. There's also a station that sells the same at the end of one of my usual loop rides. My review on pure gas says that ethanol in gas produces less hp and 10 to 15% less mileage. Ethanol sucks. So do high food prices.... :fing02:

Care to share the location? :D

• Member Contributer

I know what we can do with all this blended gasoline. I think we should make it out personal goal to try to burn it all up. Maybe we can run them out of it... :beer: :fing02:

I know what we can do with all this blended gasoline. I think we should make it out personal goal to try to burn it all up. Maybe we can run them out of it... +1.gif :blush:

AMEN! :beer: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

A BTU is a unit of energy measurement. Since there are fewer BTU's of energy available in a given volume of gasoline containing ethanol, it's just math that states there will be less power available from a given volume of fuel containing ethanol.

I can feel this increased power in my bike as well as my cars. More BTU's of energy available per volume unit explains why I have CALCULATED a fuel mileage increase of 10 to 15 percent in everything I use pure gasoline in.

But horsepower is BTU/time... so an engine making the same power over the same time will require more fuel if it has a lower BTU.

I may have just confused myself? :rolleyes: smile.gif

I really don't think we're disagreeing.... smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Found a station near the house that sells 100% gasoline and have been using it in all our vehicles for a few months now. There's also a station that sells the same at the end of one of my usual loop rides. My review on pure gas says that ethanol in gas produces less hp and 10 to 15% less mileage. Ethanol sucks. So do high food prices.... :rolleyes:

Care to share the location? :D

Fuel City at the south end of Whitesburg Drive near Home Depot. Look at the sign right under his big price sign.

I returned from a quick thousand mile all twistie trip through N. Ga. to W. NC and only filled ONCE with ethanol gas. I'm seeing more and more stations that carry real gasoline. Federal law require that there be a sticker on the pump stating if there is ethanol in the gas. The Co-Op station right across the street from the Shell station in Lynchburg sells pure gas. It definitely runs better than the Shell gas. Lynchburg the back way is one of my regular runs....and not because I like Lynchburg....just the roads. :fing02:

Lastly, I've found NO difference in off brand cheaper gas compared to name brand gas. In Franklin, NC, the "Hot Spot" station is selling real gasoline...yea!!

Oh, and Skuuter, you wouldn't feel any difference on a real motorcycle because you never go over 30 mph.... :goofy: We can always see you coming though... :idea3:

The only place I've gotten real gas at was at a "Fuel Cell" off Rt 33 in PA. They also had the most kickass high polished diamond plate covering the ENTIRE bathroom. It was pure awesome!

• Member Contributer

The only place I've gotten real gas at was at a "Fuel Cell" off Rt 33 in PA. They also had the most kickass high polished diamond plate covering the ENTIRE bathroom. It was pure awesome!

I recently read a white paper that stated that diamond plate bathrooms at fuel stations make the gasoline even MORE potent...really.... :rolleyes:

It seems like every pump around here has a sticker "may have 10% ethanol".

Not sure if Ethanol is required by the state, but probably. They do require a different formulation than other states. Cleaner burning I suppose.

My stuff runs fine on it. It's the higher price that bugs me. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I gotta buck the trend on this one.

We have a chain of stations, locally "Pure", they advertise as being 100% gasoline. It's pure crap.

Everything I have, weedeaters to station wagons seems to run better on BP, with all the additives. ( Methalethelwhatevertheheck that they put in it )

When I was a child gas was red, cool to the touch, and made you dizzy to smell of it, and cost less than 50 cent.

Mac

• Member Contributer

We have a chain of stations, locally "Pure", they advertise as being 100% gasoline. It's pure crap.

Everything I have, weedeaters to station wagons seems to run better on BP, with all the additives. ( Methalethelwhatevertheheck that they put in it )

When I was a child gas was red, cool to the touch, and made you dizzy to smell of it, and cost less than 50 cent.

Mac

This thread just started with me stating my observation at more than one station that sells gasoline and not ethanol. I think Fords are better than Chevrolets. Everyone has an opinion. Part of the problem is over-population. If there were the same number of people in this country as when I was born, there would be fewer people to disagree with me.... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Mac

This thread just started with me stating my observation at more than one station that sells gasoline and not ethanol. I think Fords are better than Chevrolets. Everyone has an opinion. Part of the problem is over-population. If there were the same number of people in this country as when I was born, there would be fewer people to disagree with me.... :goofy:

+1.gif :fing02: :laugh: :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Mac

This thread just started with me stating my observation at more than one station that sells gasoline and not ethanol. I think Fords are better than Chevrolets. Everyone has an opinion. Part of the problem is over-population. If there were the same number of people in this country as when I was born, there would be fewer people to disagree with me.... :goofy:

+1.gif :fing02: :laugh: :laugh:

It's probably only about 11 Posts away from turnin' into an "OIL THREAD" Next.......... +1.gif

Either there are no stickers or just very stations around here that even have e85 or whatever. I know it's available in charlotte but where I live and in the mountains everything is sold as all gas.

All gas comes from the same pipe. The additives are added at the dispensary, when the truck is filled up.

Their was a show on histroy, or discovery, that followed a bit of gas from dinosaur to tailpipe.

• Member Contributer

Ethanol. Geeze. Another one of those "feel good" government dictates that does more damage than good. Costs more to make, can't store it, shipping costs are higher, less energy than gasoline with the resultant decrease in mileage and higher cost to the consumer, feed corn prices have escalated, food costs are higher as a result, etc., etc. Why was this a good idea again?

• Member Contributer

Ethanol. Geeze. Another one of those "feel good" government dictates that does more damage than good. Costs more to make, can't store it, shipping costs are higher, less energy than gasoline with the resultant decrease in mileage and higher cost to the consumer, feed corn prices have escalated, food costs are higher as a result, etc., etc. Why was this a good idea again?

You've just said it yourself.

When we pay higher prices, someone else collects higher revenues :fing02:

• Member Contributer

In a word...."lobbiests". In another word "politics". IMO, the value of right and wrong don't enter into the equation concerning what "our" government does anymore. Cynical but true I think.

BTW, I refuse to use corn oil in my bike. It's wrong enough having corn in my fuel..... +1.gif

• Member Contributer

In a word...."lobbiests". In another word "politics". IMO, the value of right and wrong don't enter into the equation concerning what "our" government does anymore. Cynical but true I think.

BTW, I refuse to use corn oil in my bike. It's wrong enough having corn in my fuel..... +1.gif

See, now You're even tryin' to turn it into an OIL THREAD..... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

See, now You're even tryin' to turn it into an OIL THREAD..... :goofy:

Let's not get this thread derailed.

Archived