Corbin Photos, Please.

ECX585

Question

• Member Contributer

I own a Sargent seat, but I've decided to break down and find myself a Corbin for comparison. I'd like to see any photos you have of your Corbin VFR Saddles, particularly photos of:

Black Leather

Black Vinyl

Basketweave Leather/Vinyl

Side Welting

Also, what are your takes on the leather vs. vinyl question? What are the attributes of each? How much care is required of the leather?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

no pics of my corbin, but it's the standard 4th gen setup. got that stoopid basketweave design. that's starting to flake off the backing material now, actually and will probably need the foam re-skinned soon.... aside from that, I like the seat and have never needed to do anything to it, care-wise.

Also, what are your takes on the leather vs. vinyl question? What are the attributes of each? How much care is required of the leather?Thanks.

The leather can be a harder all round seat (due to the thickness of the leather), regardless of the foam under it. The leather shouldn't be any "harder" to take care of. Just keep it protected with leather products (neetsfoot oil is the best but will darken what you're using it on). You should do the same with any other seat cover, the sun is your biggest problem, but the rain will screw up the foam with time if you don't use some sort of water repellant........ Monk

i've never met a Corbin that didnt split open and becaome a bum wetting sponge. I bought a stock seat to replace my corbin on my old BMW K100. I got permission from the owner of the BMW repair shop to cut the corbin in half, right after I installed the stock one. 106th best moment of my life.

• Member Contributer

My 5th gen had a Corbin when I bought it and I was very happy because I had previously fitted a Corbin to every bike I had owned (several of which were V-4 Honda Sport Bikes).

I hated it. Ordered a Sargent in the group buy a couple of years ago and love it.

I thought I had a Corbin arse, guess I was wrong.

Check my profile if you want see pics on the bike of the seat(s).

• Member Contributer

I'm no fan of the company but they are comfortable seats, to me. The pillion section on mine is shaped longer towards the front, so the seat pan is shorter front to back.

IMG_7757Medium.jpg

Basketweave or whatever they call it.

IMG_7760Medium.jpg

I was looking for something to clean up the seat and maybe bring some color back to it, I'll try the neetsfoot oil. Do you think simple saddle soap would work?

Archived