Whiskey, Whale Sharks, And Dragons, Oh My!

• Member Contributer
You two always have some great adventures together! Good read thanks for sharing - moved to feature, edited the original post to feature one of your pictures on the homepage, thats the only edit.

Thanks for the feature, HS! :laugh:

Super ride report, Kegan. How's that Sargent tank bag holding up?

The tankbag... ehh. Sometimes I think it's more trouble then it's worth. I find it to be quite a pain to zip on and off, since the zippers are located under the bag and it's tough to get them to line up. Since it's strapped to the steering head, you can't just take the whole thing off, so when filling gas I need to just shove it off to the side. But, on a long trip like this, it's nice to have that extra room over my normal Cargo Basics bag. As far as how it's holding up, it's doing OK... other then the fact that the zipper tabs break easily and need to be replaced with keyrings, everything else is still holding together.

Great report Kegan, I knew it would be good when you were planning the trip. I've got to hand it to Vic with her packing. My wife takes up one of my OEM side cases and my top case when we go for a weekend. That leaves me with the other side case for all my stuff and bike related equipment.

Haha, one of the advantages to marrying someone of small stature with a tomboyish disposition. We brought eight days worth of clothes with us, and did laundry on night number four with Elaine, which gave us just enough to get home. Her entire bag of clothes and toiletries took up half of the topbox! Four days worth of my clothes took up the other half, and the rest had to go into the sidebags with our rainsuits, liners, sneakers, etc. I'm always amazed at how small her stuff packs...

Always Great Reports from You Two....... :biggrin:

If You ever come this way again. PM me....Ya''ll were ridin' all over my weekly stomping grounds. The Lynchburg Square is 15 minutes from my house, Hwy 30 about 40 minutes, etc. Be happy to meet Ya'll and give You some more interesting routes up to 30 and out of Lynchburg. Mitzie and I hiked up to Laurel Falls about the same time. Lookin' at Your Bike ya'll may have passed us one day up in the Smokies Area....we were on a green Versys, and Green Ninja.....the VFR and Bags were identical if it wasn't Ya'll.......CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE TRIPS AND EACH OTHER........We fully understand it................ :cool: :beer:

You know, I definitely remember passing that green Versys, because you don't see very many of them that color, and thinking that Skuuter Trash on VFRD had one just like that... haha, what a coincidence. Hope you guys enjoyed your ride and hike, too!

Hats off for this fantastic ride report, enjoyed reading it :blink:

The girl with them, Summer, gets the big-balls award for actually riding through the Gap on the back of her husband's bike, facing backwards to take pictures of the other riders. Dizzamn.

I saw a pic on Killboy's front page of a woman riding pillion facing backwards, maybe this is her?

• Member Contributer

Great trip, great report. Glad you made it without incident. It has inspired me to raise that route higher on my want list.

• Member Contributer

One of the best reports I've read!

Very well written and I loved the pics. I hope to get down that way, maybe either late this year or next.

Glad you had fun!

Kegan, you and the Vic are the bomb! We really appreciate your ride reports, and you relate them very well. Thanx, man, I feel like I'm ridin' on your wing.

Great report...and great photos. Thanks for a wonderful read. Funny thing about Kentucky, all of our distilleries are in Dry counties also.

Archived