95' Vfr Fairing Help

Guest avictor

Guest avictor

Hello everyone,

First time poster here!

I got a 95' VFR for a steal. I paid 500.00 for it however the fairings are a mess. Is there a place that sells them cheap or do members here want to offload some of their old fairings?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

First time poster here!

I got a 95' VFR for a steal. I paid 500.00 for it however the fairings are a mess. Is there a place that sells them cheap or do members here want to offload some of their old fairings?

Thanks in advance!

Not to rain on your plans but cheap?? Fairing parts for 4th gen VFRs are very expensive. I'm not even sure if Honda is stocking them anymore for the 4th gen because of their 10 year per model limit on parts production and stocking. If you do find them, they would be the last few pieces out there from the "mothership".

They are also getting very hard to find in the secondary market, although some damaged pieces do come up once in a while, they will still not be cheap to buy because everyone knows they are a rarity. I think you should consider re-skinning your 4th gen with newer CBR panels as one of our VFRD members (Foto Moto) here did so successfully with his own 4th gen. They would be generally cheaper out there because many CBR riders take them off and put on racing fairings for the track, and there were more CBRs produced than VFRs for all model years. It will take some creative engineering in your part to make it all come together, but you will be rewarded with a cool/unique bike in the end.

JMO.

Good luck, hope you get her dressed up again for the raod very soon!

Beck

95 VFR

Welcome, congrats on the bike, how is it mechanically?

I don't know about any cheap fairings, but Beck is probably right in checking out CBR fairings. Search here for FotoMoto's thread on his body conversion to give you some ideas (can bet he'll be around shortly). Aritech Streamlining has all the fairings, but not real cheap, and they're competition so for the street you will have to cut out the lights.

I'm taking my '95 and adding a few mods, about halfway done (maybe), but my next step is to try to fit an RC45 body.

Good luck, stick around, post some pics and then you can show your restoration efforts smile.gif

• Member Contributer

sounds like a great buy!! just ordered left side 2 pieces about 640.00 see My post In Topic: My Baby Will Be Beautiful Once Again! Good luck in finding pieces hard to find for these beauties.

• Member Contributer
I think you should consider re-skinning your 4th gen with newer CBR panels as one of our VFRD members (Foto Moto) here did so successfully with his own 4th gen. They would be generally cheaper out there because many CBR riders take them off and put on racing fairings for the track, and there were more CBRs produced than VFRs for all model years.

Thanks Beck. Here's my latest version with upgraded rc51 front suspenders:

rc51frontend.jpg

but remember you'd need to replace a lot of other chit too: upper fairing stay (easy), mirrors (very easy), and instruments (not so easy).

just ordered left side 2 pieces about 640.00

:fing02:

Crap, I didn't spend that amount to replace the entire bodywork (cbr front/vfr rear) with used parts on mine.

• Member Contributer

Thurn Motorsport in Germany

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/ubersicht.html

11-VV0436-gesamt.jpg

I'd say you are looking at $1,000...

Here is another 4 bills

43-SH4536-gesamt.jpg

or if you want to keep the original seat

11-SV9436-gesamt.jpg

Yeah, riding the best VFR ever ain't cheap...... :fing02:

Mine were pretty trashed. I had a body guy plastic weld them back up and they look like new. I only paid him $400 for everything and I have an almost like new set of plastics that look great! Where are you located?

The 4th Gen is now officially at the point where you need to decide whether yours is a long-term collectible (in which case you source OEM panels regardless of cost), or a modifiers special - if the latter, then CBR600 fairings are a very good alternative. Almost all models can be used as donors, IIRC Hobiedog found that the F4 version went on pretty easily with three of the four mounting points on each side lining up perfectly with the VFR mounting points!

Good luck, it's well worth whatever you do as you have the very best VFR model :biggrin: :cool:

• Member Contributer

avictor, Your $500 was just the cover charge to get into the party. The food and drinks are always more. Good luck with the fairings or just strip the thing and have a great naked bike.

• Member Contributer
avictor, Your $500 was just the cover charge to get into the party. The food and drinks are always more. Good luck with the fairings or just strip the thing and have a great naked bike.

and as soon as you offer a girl at the party a drink, so will really start laying down some bills....... :pissed:

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently looking at fairings from airtech. Not sure on how good there product is though. Grats on the purchase, I have a 93.

The cheapest way to get a full set of bodywork I have found would be Air Tech

3VFR1C HONDA VFR750 UPPER - COMPETITION $217.00

3VFR4C HONDA VFR750 MIDS WITH LOWER - COMPETITION $417.35

3VFR6 HONDA VFR750 FENDER-FRONT $62.25

3VFR9 HONDA VFR750 VFR 750 TAIL SECTION - SUPERSPORT $239.24

Total $935.84

Yeah, thats what I was going to do but, all I need is the mids. My tail section is in perfect condition and my upper just has a small black mark on it. I was wondering though, how bad is the drilling that needs to be done for it?

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

First time poster here!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the info guys. I really REALLy dig the look of FotoMotos VFR. That front end is screaming cool! I looked at the price of fairings and my heart dropped. I really enjoy this bike but the fairings cost is crazy.

As of now all the fairings are messed up so we are talking about a whole new fairings kit and I am not sure I want to pay that much for it.

FotoMoto what kind of experience would one need to complete that look you have? I have some mechanical skills but I am not a mechanic. I am a computer geek that works on servers all day.

I would want to replace the instrument panel with something from another bike, would I have to rewire everything?

thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...

It just so happens i came across a few 4th gen parts that i need to sell. i have the majority of the fairings. just left mid and upper are a bit beat up.

Hello everyone,

First time poster here!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the info guys. I really REALLy dig the look of FotoMotos VFR. That front end is screaming cool! I looked at the price of fairings and my heart dropped. I really enjoy this bike but the fairings cost is crazy.

As of now all the fairings are messed up so we are talking about a whole new fairings kit and I am not sure I want to pay that much for it.

FotoMoto what kind of experience would one need to complete that look you have? I have some mechanical skills but I am not a mechanic. I am a computer geek that works on servers all day.

I would want to replace the instrument panel with something from another bike, would I have to rewire everything?

thanks in advance.

Archived