Sunday Ride

Its quite good finding unknown things while off on a ride.

Me and some OzVFR mates found a similar windfarm near Crookwell, NSW, when we took a different (and gravelly) road from Bathurst to Canberra. Very weird to come over a hile and see these things stretched out in front of you.

• Member Contributer
Those are up north of Munster near the OK border, right?

Exactly. I counted 60 of them. I couldn't hear any noise coming from them. Although, I was a good distance away.

JW

• Member Contributer

I have a huge windfarm just a few minuites from my house.... Does anyone else get a real goofy feeling when riding by these things on their bike? I dunno how to explaint it .. It's simmilar to Vertigo or something. Maybe I'm just nucking futz... :biggrin:

There's a whole mess of those things. Err, a wind farm, outside Palm Springs CA.

Pretty strange, the first time you see it. Beats smokestacks burning coal to make electricity I guess. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Does anyone else get a real goofy feeling when riding by these things on their bike?

I thought it was just me. Almost hypnotic, had to force myself to direct my eyes back on the road infront of me. :biggrin:

I remember seeing a Sunday Moring report on the TX mills and how they were setting neighboring ranchers against each other for selling out the look of the terrain for some income and that the mills would eventually end up as unhauled scrap. Tough call.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=420...ce=search_video

They still dot the Altamount Pass (wind tunnel) in Northern Cal, East Bay since the late 70's.

Does anyone else get a real goofy feeling when riding by these things on their bike?

Not when riding just past those windmills, but when you are looking straight up from the base of the windmill with the tips of the blades coming at you at incredible speed, that gives a bit of a weird feeling.

Archived