Givi Luggage Pics 05 Vfr

BIGRHINO

• Member Contributer

Just thought I would post up some Pics of the Givs Bags and mounts for those interested or looking for a setup.

I got the whole set up from Twisted Throttle for around $1,100.00

DSC02423.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

Hope it helps someone..

Very sweet! I like those. Couple of questions for you: 1) what are the model numbers for the top and side cases? and 2) how long did it take for you to install them.

Thanks a bunch for sharing! Very helpful.

• Member Contributer

It took a bout 2 hours to get all the hardware installed. There are no real instructions only a picture with a few guide words. There are some leftover parts and I think it was a little confusing doing it all at once as some of the bolts are the same in each bag. Put it all on loose make sure its all conected then go back over everything in reverse and tighten everything up.

I also got the lock set so all three bags have the same lock. The locks are not to bad once you get through the first one. You only have to remove the 2 side screws inside the cases and you must use the new black cylinder insert. I fought with the first one for awhile before I looked at the cylinder and noticed the new ones have two notches and the old ones only have one. Big tip changed the cylinder insert and all worked well. Once I figured that out the locks only took about 3 minutes each for the other two bags.

The items you have ordered:

Prod. No. Product name Price Qty. Total without sales tax

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Givi FZ166 Givi Topcase Rack (Honda VFR800 VTEC, '02-) $161.10 1 $161.10

Givi plate type: M5-Monokey black nylon

Givi PLX166 Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Honda VFR800 VTEC, '02-) for PLX sidecases only $170.10 1 $170.10

Givi Z228 Givi 3-Case Lock Set with 6 Matched Keys (Z228) $27.00 1 $27.00

Givi V46 Givi V46 Monokey Topcase (ea) - 46 liters/case $245.70 1 $245.70

Standard lid colors: N-Matte black

Givi V35 Givi V35 PLX Sidecases/Saddlebags (pair) - 35 liters/case $490.50 1 $490.50

Color: N-matte black

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal $1,094.40

Shipping and handling $49.78

Total $1,144.18

Great write-up, thanks!! I have the V35 sidebags on my '06. I love em, but they have a few quirks you should be aware of. If you ride with the key in the lock (i know, im a moron) the bags WILL pop open on you if you hit some bumps. Also, after 2 months of sitting outside (lost the garage when i moved to TN) the locks and latch/unlatch mechanisms froze up pretty good. Had to take the whole assembly apart and clean it out and lube it with graphite. Otherwise, great looking setup! I want to get the removeable plastic covers painted to match...i'll shoot pictures when it happens. Thanks for the pics...great looking setup!

• 4 months later...

Hey, I want to say thank you for that post as it helped me immensely. I have an 05 and I am living overseas so I don't have access to parts places out here to see what they look like or how they would fit. I have a waterproof top bag that works great so I am looking at getting just the side cases. I read through your list of gear that you bought but I just wanted to make sure which was the mount for just the sidebags. I would need to only get the following right?

Givi V35 Givi V35 PLX Sidecases/Saddlebags (pair) - 35 liters/case $490.50 1 $490.50

And

Givi PLX166 Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Honda VFR800 VTEC, '02-) for PLX sidecases only $170.10 1 $170.10

Thanks again for the post!

It took a bout 2 hours to get all the hardware installed. There are no real instructions only a picture with a few guide words. There are some leftover parts and I think it was a little confusing doing it all at once as some of the bolts are the same in each bag. Put it all on loose make sure its all conected then go back over everything in reverse and tighten everything up.

I also got the lock set so all three bags have the same lock. The locks are not to bad once you get through the first one. You only have to remove the 2 side screws inside the cases and you must use the new black cylinder insert. I fought with the first one for awhile before I looked at the cylinder and noticed the new ones have two notches and the old ones only have one. Big tip changed the cylinder insert and all worked well. Once I figured that out the locks only took about 3 minutes each for the other two bags.

The items you have ordered:

Prod. No. Product name Price Qty. Total without sales tax

Givi FZ166 Givi Topcase Rack (Honda VFR800 VTEC, '02-) $161.10 1 $161.10

Givi plate type: M5-Monokey black nylon

Givi Z228 Givi 3-Case Lock Set with 6 Matched Keys (Z228) $27.00 1 $27.00

Givi V46 Givi V46 Monokey Topcase (ea) - 46 liters/case $245.70 1 $245.70

Color: N-matte black

Subtotal $1,094.40

Shipping and handling $49.78

Total $1,144.18

I have similar Givi set on my bike and still think the bike overall width is dangerously too wide.

Why "dangerously" too wide? I can see from an aesthetic perspective, but what makes it dangerous? Even with the bags attached I'd be surprised if the bike was wider than something like a BMW R1200RT.

Bags and Bike Loaded for camping.

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

Just got my V46 top case and brackets today. Cool to see the camping setup in front of the top case. I'll be utilizing exactly that.

• Member Contributer
I have similar Givi set on my bike and still think the bike overall width is dangerously too wide.

Why "dangerously" too wide? I can see from an aesthetic perspective, but what makes it dangerous? Even with the bags attached I'd be surprised if the bike was wider than something like a BMW R1200RT.

Considering he is from Indonesia it may be too wide for the type of driving that occurs where he lives?

Considering he is from Indonesia it may be too wide for the type of driving that occurs where he lives?

Perhaps, but that's why I asked the question. IMO, to make a blanket statement like "the bike overall width is dangerously too wide" is incredibly misleading to anyone looking at this thread. If he'd said "where I live the traffic is so tightly packed that the bike overall width is dangerously too wide" that would be a whole different story.

• 4 years later...

Just bought a 2009 with the V35 monokey side bags installed. I need to remove the side frame to do a rear shock change but I think a special tool is required, no? The previous owner had the dealer install the bags 3 years ago so the tool in question is ??? Also, I contacted GIVI U.S.A. and asked for help and their nice reply was...NO. Isn't there a triangular shaped tool necessary to remove or install?

• 8 months later...

Just bought a 2009 with the V35 monokey side bags installed. I need to remove the side frame to do a rear shock change but I think a special tool is required, no? The previous owner had the dealer install the bags 3 years ago so the tool in question is ??? Also, I contacted GIVI U.S.A. and asked for help and their nice reply was...NO. Isn't there a triangular shaped tool necessary to remove or install?

motohockey, I know this thread is a bit old, but I just saw it. If you have the PLXR givi sideracks then yes, there is a special tool that is keyed and used to remove the racks. Its not a individualized tool, that is, you can order the tool from givi or use someone else's and it will work.

• Member Contributer

You know it's dangerously wide if you're on a motorcycle and next thing you know, you're IN a boat!

DANGEROUSLY WIDE = ------->

Archived