Best Canadian Tire Dealer

magicman

• Member Contributer

Looking for opinions on the best place to buy tires North of the border. Shipping tends to take the "great" out of most deals I can find. :rolleyes:

Need a rear, and I suppose it would be smart to get a new front too, as it's at 24,000KM (BUT NOT TO THE WEAR BARS! PR :fing02: )

• 8 months later...

A lot of folks in eastern Canada swear by Petes Superbike outside Montreal, PQ. Tires shipped to your door at great prices.

The web site is not the most friendly but their customer service is great.

Check it out ... www.petes-superbike.com

• Member Contributer
A lot of folks in eastern Canada swear by Petes Superbike outside Montreal, PQ. Tires shipped to your door at great prices.

The web site is not the most friendly but their customer service is great.

Check it out ... www.petes-superbike.com

Wow, great tip Ken, I've never seen prices like that on a Canadian site, wonder what they charge for shipping, might have to drop them a line.

They charge $20 to Ontario for shipping .

If you are around Mississauga go to Riderschoice.

I just installed Road Pilot 2s for $410 tax in .

• Member Contributer

Another satisfied customer from Pete's Superbike.

PR2 for $360 COD via FedEx / Canada Post to my little town in the Kootenays. Only snafu was that they spelled my name wrong and with only a street address, Canada Post couldn't let me know that they had a package waiting for me. So I had to go in and ask for it after tracking it on their website.

• Member Contributer

I also recently ordered a set of PR2's from Pete's I think the shipping was either $20 or $30 out to Calgary, all in GST etc was $352, pretty good deal I thought and fast service too, if I remember correctly, I ordered them middle of the week and they were at my door waiting for me on Monday when I got home from work. Now to burn of the rest of my Stradas off and get them on before the summit ride. smile.gif

Wow, great tip Ken, I've never seen prices like that on a Canadian site, wonder what they charge for shipping, might have to drop them a line.

You're welcome! Pete's is awesome! Shipping is about $15/tire to Ontario and $20 for 2 tires!

ps I GOT MY RADAR SLIDERS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY!!!!! :laugh: :blush: :huh: :biggrin:

Guest yasuchan

Pete's FTW, ordered a pair of Pilot Road 2's for the VFR and at my door today (~5 business days) and $352.

Oddly enough, I emailed Pete's and asked them how much to ship a set of Michelin PR2's out to Alberta, and they mailed me back saying that "we do not ship tires".

???? :fing02: :fing02:

Alberta Cycle in Edmonton has pretty good prices on tires.

Website sucks, you pretty much have to call them:

http://www.albertacycle.com

• Member Contributer
Oddly enough, I emailed Pete's and asked them how much to ship a set of Michelin PR2's out to Alberta, and they mailed me back saying that "we do not ship tires".

???? :beer: :fing02:

Alberta Cycle in Edmonton has pretty good prices on tires.

Website sucks, you pretty much have to call them:

http://www.albertacycle.com

Try again!!!! This guy is getting quite a good reputation for super prices and he does ship tires :fing02:

I was going to buy from Pete .But Riders Choice had a deal for Michelin RP 2 for $410 installed .They are a 1 km from my place .I couldn`t pass up the deal .

Contact Pete's Superbike! Just do it!

PR2s - ordered yesterday shipped to TO, arriving today for $346.40 - install will cost me $80. Tough to be that here in TO!

• Member Contributer
Looking for opinions on the best place to buy tires North of the border. Shipping tends to take the "great" out of most deals I can find. :dry:

Need a rear, and I suppose it would be smart to get a new front too, as it's at 24,000KM (BUT NOT TO THE WEAR BARS! PR :fing02: )

I just got a set of BT-021's installed on rims yesterday, off the bike and the total bill was $363.39

$25/tire install used to be $15/tire a couple of years ago

$116.39 for front tire @ 40% discount

$145.19 for rear tire @ 40% discount

$3/tire Tire levy

$4 - shop supplies.

$41.81 - Government funding

Not sure if they would ship as I always go there to have them installed and I am 1 1/2- 2 hrs away.

www.gbourgue.com

Stan

• Member Contributer

I've been able to find nearly new "takeoff" tires - Dunlop Qualifiers, Bridgestone BT-014/016 for $100 pair from the local road racing crowd.

• Member Contributer

PR2s - ordered yesterday shipped to TO, arriving today for $346.40 - install will cost me $80. Tough to be that here in TO!

Check out rosey toes. 10 bucks a tire installed wheel off.. at least thats what he charged lastyear.

Did you read what I wrote .$410 installed .No shipping .No taking tires to shop.No second trip to bring bike .You save $20 on top.

• Member Contributer
Bayside in Vancouver has pretty good deals.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/index.ph...&cPath=1951

PR2's ftw....

I agree.... they were the lowest.. that where i got my PR2's

Thats where I picked up my PR2 rear. I live close by so I just picked it up.

Loving the PR2 rear so far! If I can get 10,000kms out of it I will be THRILLED

• 4 weeks later...
I also recently ordered a set of PR2's from Pete's I think the shipping was either $20 or $30 out to Calgary, all in GST etc was $352, pretty good deal I thought and fast service too, if I remember correctly, I ordered them middle of the week and they were at my door waiting for me on Monday when I got home from work. Now to burn of the rest of my Stradas off and get them on before the summit ride. smile.gif

+1 for Pete's Superbike - had the identical deal done last week. Pricing was excellent, tires just beautiful and recent DOT manufacture dates (one 4006, one 0809).

I wouldn't have minded some cardboard or packaging, but there was no damage... so must work out most of the time as it did for me.

gallery_15589_4789_46966.jpg

Dealer install is $100 in Edmonton... might be a better deal somewhere but I trust my guy!

Archived