Recall Letters

Auspanglish

This is a call to all... I desperately need copies of all the recall letters related to a 2003 VTEC VFR. The electrical system in my 6th gen has just died in the proverbial and my local Honda dealer has asked me for copies of the recall letters I mentioned were mailed out in other countries around the world. Hard to believe that they don't know about it or can't find out about it by making a simple phone call...

If anyone could provide me with links to copies available on this site or scan and upload them so I can print out a copy I would be very grateful...

Thanks TurtleCreek... I've found a page which provides all sorts of versions of the wiring harness recall (there's evena pdf file with a complete rundown on the mechanical work involved with photos and diagrams and the electrical scheme resultant from the modification work...) and the PCV valve recall... I can't find the stator recall for the 2002-3 models... this is the one I'm really after... although to provide weight to my case, it would be ideal to have copies of all of them... the subchassis recall as well as any others...

Thanks TurtleCreek... I've found a page which provides all sorts of versions of the wiring harness recall (there's evena pdf file with a complete rundown on the mechanical work involved with photos and diagrams and the electrical scheme resultant from the modification work...) and the PCV valve recall... I can't find the stator recall for the 2002-3 models... this is the one I'm really after... although to provide weight to my case, it would be ideal to have copies of all of them... the subchassis recall as well as any others...

pm me your email addres and i will send the pdf.

TurtleCreek has provided me with a very interesting document... I would still appreciate big-time a copy of the stator recall letter, I now have the wiring recall one, but apparently there was a stator recall for years 2002-2003... if anyone could put me onto one I would love them forever... hehehe.

• Member Contributer
TurtleCreek has provided me with a very interesting document... I would still appreciate big-time a copy of the stator recall letter, I now have the wiring recall one, but apparently there was a stator recall for years 2002-2003... if anyone could put me onto one I would love them forever... hehehe.

I only got the wiring harness recall but I also only picked my 03's up in Nov 07 so maybe this happened previously.

Good luck with the probs mate.

NOT TRYING TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD aUSPANOL..

cAN WE ADD the OIL COOLER RECALL letter to this list.. I belive it was A Eurupean only thing.

I recently noticed mine beginning to rust at the upper hose connection..

Thanks..

Never heard of it. Like I said, Honda Spain has not got on any recall bandwagon whatsoever, at least not in a public and widespread fashion... if you happen to be lucky enough to come across someone or hear about it, there is a number you can call for the PCV valve recall, but they said NO to me when I called, said mine wasn't on the list. No letters sent out to anyone at anytime for any of the numerous recalls. So if the OIl Cooler recall exists in Europe, Spain, being separated by the Pyrenees, didn't get the news.

well after readingb 10+ pages of thread.. I found this..

The thread..

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/show...ge=13&pp=15

A listing sitre for recalls.. didnt find thew PVC recall your were looking for but it was mentioned..

I did find the info on the oil cooler recall, Yes UK specific it seems.. I muight need to print these off to see if i can get mine replaced..

http://www.hoc.org.uk/help/

well after readingb 10+ pages of thread.. I found this..

The thread..

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/show...ge=13&pp=15

A listing sitre for recalls.. didnt find thew PCV recall your were looking for but it was mentioned..

I did find the info on the oil cooler recall, Yes UK specific it seems.. I muight need to print these off to see if i can get mine replaced..

http://www.hoc.org.uk/help/

Thanks for the heads up mate :fing02: but I'm not actually looking for the PCV recall letter... it's the STATOR recall letter I'm looking for... can no-one help me on this one??

DId anyone get their stator replaced free of charge?? Am I just dreaming all this?? I've flipped through plenty of threads but can't find more than just mentions of it, no letter posted...

It is not listed at VOSA so I guess the recall is not applicable in EU. On the other hand I do not see the recall on the rear spar of subframe either.

I do know of Dutch owners who had their stator replaced at no cost.

Maybe it is a good idea to put all recall stuff (PDFs) in the download section?

Attached US recall letter, likely the same Dale send you. It is from oct 2002 so newer VFRs are not mentioned. Is yours build or first registered in 2003?

More links to websites listing recall info:

Roadsafety Canada

NHTSA

Honda Help Board UK

Oz Recalls

RC46_2_dynamo_recall.pdf

Archived