Couple Of Days In The Twisties... Pics And Vid...

Guest Logicus

Guest Logicus

ulVFRwithtrees.jpg

Finally got everything squared away on the VFR – new Diablos, oil change, etc… and was able to get out and do some riding with some friends and some solo riding as well. Sunday was a trip down some familiar roads and some not-so-familiar roads starting with 536 to Route 10 through Alexandria and on southeast out of Campbell County and into Pendleton County. We took a side road for a break and it ended up starting off kinda curvy in a weird sort of way. Lots of gravel and broken pavement and crazy sudden elevation changes made it fun but unpredictable at the same time. The day yielded mostly a littlevideo as we were kind of constrained on time, so very few pictures were taken the first day.

Stopped dor a quick break in Lenoxburg, KY right on Route 10:

ultakingabreakonroute10inlenoxburg.jpg

Undetermined point on Route 10:

ulroute10action.jpg

We followed Route 10 to Route 22 and headed west towards Falmouth. We got to the Shell station on US 27 in Falmouth and decided to split up from there. I had the pleasure of riding Route 22 back the way we came, this time out of Falmouth back towards Route 10. Looked down and saw I still had 8 or 9 minutes left on the memory card, so flicked the camera on and got this:

ulmappicday1.jpg

Today I was able to get out and take my time a little for 4-5 hours and got some pics and video. I went into Ohio this time, starting out on Route 41 heading out of Aberdeen towards West Union and eventually Peebles. In my search to find other interesting angles from which to video, I clamped a RAM mount ball onto my left side passenger peg bracket and did a run looking backwards. I think it actually came out well, but I will have to find an alternative spot to mount the camera as it’s just too bouncy and the roads in southern Ohio are full of things to keep the camera jittering along and out of focus. My goal was to get a good recording of the exhaust, anyway. So, here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBbSDfWQjzQ

Testing out a new pocket-sized camera, I got these photos throughout the day:

ullookingoutoverthescreen.jpg

ulhmmmnicecurves.jpg

Never got stuck behind one of these before:

ulbehindatruck.jpg

ulroadsidebarn.jpg

ulVFRinfrontofriver.jpg

ulroadsideviewofriver.jpg

ultreesunadulterated2.jpg

Getting close to home… suspension bridge from Aberdeen to Maysville:

ulcrossingsuspensionbridgeintomaysv.jpg

At home and tucked away for tomorrow….

ulVFRinfortheday.jpg

• Member Contributer

Good stuff......looks like a lotta' fun......... :beer: I like mixed groups of bikes............. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Nice..... :rolleyes: When the music in the video started I thought some parts were flying off your bike... but then I realized it was music :beer:

• Member Contributer
Nice..... :beer: When the music in the video started I thought some parts were flying off your bike... but then I realized it was music :ohmy:

Josh, you gotta' be dyin' to ride that R-W-B.........do the pics and vids help............. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

They only add to the frustration... but it is nice to see everyone else out there enjoying the rest of the summer :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
They only add to the frustration... but it is nice to see everyone else out there enjoying the rest of the summer :rolleyes:

I understand.....hang in there Buddy............ :beer:

• Member Contributer
They only add to the frustration... but it is nice to see everyone else out there enjoying the rest of the summer :pissed:

I understand.....hang in there Buddy............ :fing02:

Doing what I can... waxing her everyday and sitting in the garage by my kegerator staring at her... so depressing :unsure:

Archived